sanitizer....no rinse solution?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robrose77

Junior
Reaction score
ok, im a beer brewer mostly although recently im starting to get into wine...years ago I made a batch of wine and had no problems sanitizing it with what I use for my beer one step no rinse solution. I used it for the wine i bottled last night...even though so far this has worked for me....is it ok? if it works why dont more people use it. I'v been doing beer for almost 10 years and never had a problem with it sanitizing....is this ok to use with my future batches of wine?

I've used one step before too and there is no problem in using it. K-meta sanitizing solution will do the same thing and will be alot cheaper on the walet though.

It used to be considered a sanitizer until the Gov. stepped in and demanded to do so that each company had to spend 100's of thousands of dollars to get this tested factually and to relabel their product. Some spent the money while others like one step figured they had enough people out there using their product and knew that word of mouth spreads and figured why spend that extra money especially when lots of people were still buying just for the fact its a great cleanser!

Back