Sangiovese wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used D254 as well as BM4X4. Both worked well but the BM4X4 I literally wanted to jump into the primary during AF. It not only smelled unbelievable but it made one of the best wines IMHO I have ever made.

Im making sangiovese from grapes right now I have 8 boxes and added 1 pail of zinfandel juice because Sangiovese grapes tends to be on the light side I used RC212 for yeast and plan on VP41 for MLF I believe this will make a real nice table wine.

I just crushed 8 Lugs of brunello sangiovese clone....any never used this and was expecting my order to be sangiovese...this is the box....any body have any thoughts on this?20200912_142758.jpg

Thanks, Bubba1 and ibglowin. I think I am going to go with BM4X4 as that is the home version of BM45 which I have just seen is a yeast most often recommended by commercial wineries. As I say, this will be my first time working with grape clusters...

First time making a wine from some Sangiovese grapes my LHBS is getting in shortly. Expecting to obtain enough grapes to make about 5- 6 gallons ( two crates) What is the preferred yeast for this wine?

I'm by no means an expert and don't always follow what I've learned that could be the best practices. Aside from being a style choice I believe the condition of the fruit and the climate it was grown in should play a role in the selection. An under or over ripe fruit might play a role in the selection as well and a hot or cold climate. I would assume your fruit would come from Lodi so a hot climate yeast might be best and considering the maturity of the seeds and stems, green stems for example, a yeast reducing the vegetal notes might be the best choice. I realize it's not an answer, just something to consider.

Back