Running with bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larryh86GT

Reaction score
On my run this morning I started looking at peoples recycling baskets that are out at the curb and I spotted a nice Carlo Rossi 4 liter bottle in a basket. I grabbed it by its handle and ran the remaining 1 1/2 miles home with it. Washed it and removed the label. It will make a nice little secondary for me. I gotta keep an eye on the recycling baskets in the neighborhood now.:sm

Larry

Around here they would write you a ticket for that. If someone throws it out it's up for grabs in my book. Thing is now the city is making money on the recycling.

Yea be careful.
Best to put the word out to all you know to save bottles for you.

lol people were probably thinking he's running pretty straight for having drank the whole bottle . Now around here we pay a deposit when we buy any type of drink except milk , so to get your money back you have to return them . So yuo don't see peoples bottles just sitting on the side of the street . But you can go to the recycle place and buy them from them .

Around here they would write you a ticket for that. If someone throws it out it's up for grabs in my book. Thing is now the city is making money on the recycling.

Political corruption, rampant crime, illegal guns, gang wars, murders, etc and the police are staking out our recycling bins. Well, I guess we have to have priorities, eh? :D

Drive up in the dark of night with the headlights off. Pop the trunk open, run around, grab the bin, dump it in the trunk and jump back in the car and speed off with the recycling booty. :br

They would just call the nuthouse on you, Larry. Maybe just stick to jogging with an open container. Now, there's a sign of a serious wine-o. :)

So let me try and make sense of this whole thing.

It sounds to me like you're collecting jugs.
Jug - noun 1. a large container usually made of earthenware, metal, or glass, commonly having a handle, a narrow neck, and sometimes a cap or cork.

It also sounds like you are navigating your way through the neighborhood. This would qualify you for the combining form title of -naut
-naut - combining form 1. indicating a person engaged in navigation, esp one used for scientific investigation or exploration: astronaut, aquanaut

Therefore.... I conclude... if anyone asks you what you're doing going through their recycling... just yell, "Please step back! I'm a Juggernaut on a mission."

Last edited:
Drive up in the dark of night with the headlights off. Pop the trunk open, run around, grab the bin, dump it in the trunk and jump back in the car and speed off with the recycling booty. :br

You also need to make sure that the mission impossible theme song is on your IPOD.

So let me try and make sense of this whole thing.

It sounds to me like you're collecting jugs.
Jug - noun 1. a large container usually made of earthenware, metal, or glass, commonly having a handle, a narrow neck, and sometimes a cap or cork.

It also sounds like you are navigating your way through the neighborhood. This would qualify you for the combining form title of -naut
-naut - combining form 1. indicating a person engaged in navigation, esp one used for scientific investigation or exploration: astronaut, aquanaut

Therefore.... I conclude... if anyone asks you what you're doing going through their recycling... just yell, "Please step back! I'm a Juggernaut on a mission."

Lon, you need serious help! Can I help!

Finding those size jugs are special! I have an older guy I do drawings for who saves one or two for me now that then. They are more like (3) 750's.
You know a money making deal,,, quarts are now gone to the smaller size and so are gallons.
I can only imagine what shot glasses will hold in the near future.

I bet the local bike shop owner would jog with a bottle of wine. He smokes while riding.

At least one of the bars around here goes through a lot of Carlo Rossi and...the other brand name escapes me...But the bins at the recycling center usually has 3-4 gallon jugs on Friday afternoons. It's pretty handy.

Latest posts

Back