RJ Spagnols RQ - Tjungu (Australia)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bottled this wine on 4/23/16, but forgot to add the extra 1/4 tsp of meta. I've been drinking, sharing, and enjoying, the wine over the past few months.

If I'm down to a dozen or so bottles, should I:

1. continue drinking and sharing until they start turning?
  2. open the bottles, add meta, and rebottle? or
  3. open the bottles, mix with some commercial wine, and rebottle?

Or some other idea?

I don't know how long bottling was after you added your initial dose of KMS, but if you only have a dozen left and plan on drinking them, that's a good plan. The kit dose, if I recall, is around 75 ppm initially, and sounds like it's holding you in the safe range so far. It really wouldn't be too difficult to pop 12 corks, add a touch to them and recork if you feel like doing that.....wouldn't reuse the corks though.

I have mine in the bottle and even though it is young (4 mos), it is good! And expect it to get even better.

I have mine in the bottle and even though it is young (4 mos), it is good! And expect it to get even better.

Mine is approaching 8 months old, and is still in a barrel. The wife and I tasted all of the barrel wines last night and this one was pretty good. The oak hasn't quite come on yet, but it's still got another two months before it comes out. Very nice fruit flavors, starting to smooth out and mellow a bit, but still some mouthwatering tartness to work out. For my taste, the tannins are still a little on the light side, so it may need some additions when it's barrel time is over, but all in all, a decent tasting kit so far.

Of the three we tasted, Tjungu, Mosaic Red, and Lodi OVZ, this one fell in the middle, with the OVZ shining brightly atop the leader board, Mosaic red in third, but not distant behind the Tjungu.

Back