Other RQ and LE sale!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I picked up 2 Petit Verdots. I just bottled 2 batches I made last year, and it's really good.

Any of you tried this one? Wondering if I should pull the trigger

Winexpert LE21 Grenache Carignan
I just bottled that one as well, but didn't try it yet. You can't go wrong with any of the Winexpert or RJS limited addition wines. I've been making both for years.

They are really good and more importantly, varietals that you normally cannot get in a kit.. they usually drink best after 1+ yrs age imo

They are really good and more importantly, varietals that you normally cannot get in a kit.. they usually drink best after 1+ yrs age imo
Yes 1+ years for any kit. I noticed that only one kit came with grape skins. Did I miss others? Also, are these kits from 2021? If so, are they on sale because expiration is right around the corner? Can you refrigerate for later use? All my carboys are full. May have to wait three months or so. Thanks.

These are limited release kits, some are from 2021 and some from 2022. They are on clearance because the 2023 limited releases are just now coming out. Order with confidence as the shelf stable kits last for years without issue, you just may want to use a fresh pack of yeast. I wouldn't hesitate to order one and sit on it another year if I needed to.

These are limited release kits, some are from 2021 and some from 2022. They are on clearance because the 2023 limited releases are just now coming out. Order with confidence as the shelf stable kits last for years without issue, you just may want to use a fresh pack of yeast. I wouldn't hesitate to order one and sit on it another year if I needed to.
Do these kits need to be refrigerated? Also do you know what yeast they include?
Thanks

So my hesitancy to make a purchase would stem from the fact that these sound like pasteurized kits which in my opinion lend to that “kit” taste. Thoughts?

Totally get it! So here is my assertion on that subject. I taste kit taste too, but what I have come to discover is that in pasteurized kits, after they are 1 yr or older it goes away for me. Something about getting age on it seems to make that taste dissipate. I also don't get it as much in the higher end LE and RQ kits. Also, look at it from this perspective, they are 1/2 price, so it comes to about $3.50 per bottle, make one, put it in bulk aging for a year and then see what ya think.

So my hesitancy to make a purchase would stem from the fact that these sound like pasteurized kits which in my opinion lend to that “kit” taste. Thoughts?
I would agree with @She'sgonnnakillme regarding the year mark or longer. Also, with cheaper kits I've found tweaking using @joeswine suggestions with adding f-pacs in primary helps at least lessen the kit taste.

Get 'EM while you can!! 2021 WE LE and 2022 RJS RQ kits on clearance $99 with FREE shipping too! 😳👏👏👏

https://www.homebrewohio.com/sale/?price_min=69&price_max=102&sort=featured
Nice, thanks for the tip! Just bought the 2021 Garnacha-Carignan one (only to see Rocky's message that it was $5 cheaper at Label Peelers) and the 2022 Monastrell one (which also includes grape skins per RJS's site - to @wineview 's question). Never bought from them before but love the prices and free shipping.

As far as the age of the kits, I'm not worried, I made the 21 Marselan in July of 22 and still have it bulk ageing. It tastes great. I just did a quick wine thief comparison of that Marselan, 3 FWKs (pinot, zin, and sangiovese), and wine from grapes I picked (mourvedre), and I did not get any "kit taste" from the Marselan compared to the other wines.

LA ZAMBRA

This unique, spectacular, and ancient Spanish performance is rooted in many cultures, yet has survived against all odds in Spain. La Zambra’s Monastrell will seduce you, and fan your passion with its ruby flush, and earthy flavours. La Zambra is set to enthrall – to charm at every celebration, striking perfect harmony with an intensity that cannot be denied – ¡Olé!

MONASTRELL | SPAIN
Fragrant aromas of black cherry and candied fruit are present in this medium-bodied, dry wine, with an earthy, and herbaceous finish.

Oak: Medium | Sweetness: Dry | Body: Medium

Features:
GenuWine Winery Dried Grape Skins
, Bourgovin RC 212 yeast, French Oak Chips, and 30 labels & capsules.

EDIT - I saw that OHio sales tax initially appeared when I added items to my cart and thought I'd been charged this (which Label Peelers has never charged me), however, once I entered shipping info and paid it had vanished.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back