Rosso Excellente -- first time

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmaze

Junior
Reaction score
Hi!

This is my first attempt at a wine kit. I (attempted) to follow the instructions of the RJS Rosso Excellente kit to a tee. When I went to bottle it, I sampled a bit and it tastes pretty acidic.

I know it needs aged a minimum of 6 months, but should I expect that sort of taste initially?

Thanks!

yes wine if very harsh in the beginning. In future wait at least three months before bottling. do taste test then bench trials with additive to see if there is any improvement.

I made this kit in the summer of 2017. I opened my first bottle after 18 months. It’s really good. IMO the RJS Winery/Premieur are probably my favorite kits. Give it a good nap, you won’t be disappointed.

I made this kit in the summer of 2017. I opened my first bottle after 18 months. It’s really good. IMO the RJS Winery/Premieur are probably my favorite kits. Give it a good nap, you won’t be disappointed.
Awesome, good to know! I have a WE kit going right now that doesn't require as much aging, because I am a bit too anxious to wait 18 months. I will be sure to keep the RJS wine out of sight for awhile though. Thanks!

Back