Roger

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2178roger

Junior
Reaction score
I will like to know your opinion on my numbers of my first crush. My white wine is St-Pepin: PH 3.18 and TA 7.65. For my red wine: Petite Pearl and Frontenac: PH 3.49 and TA 6.15
Should I bring down TA?
Thanks!

I will like to know your opinion on my numbers of my first crush. My white wine is St-Pepin: PH 3.18 and TA 7.65. For my red wine: Petite Pearl and Frontenac: PH 3.49 and TA 6.15
Should I bring down TA?
Thanks!

I have not made those varietals but no matter what the grape those numbers sound perfect to me. Most northern tier grapes have very high TA's so those look pretty darn good. I wouldn't touch them, I think you are very fortunate to have such good raw ingredients. @Grapeman has grown both of those for many years so maybe he'll chime in.

Second what Craig said. I like a little acid in a white, so wouldn't monkey with the white. The red is pretty much in the sweet spot. You can check again after fermentations and some aging, do some tasting, and adjust as you see fit.

Agree with both of the above.

A little sharpness in the white is, IMHO, a good thing.
The red numbers look good too.

Your tastes/pallet may differ though. I would make no changes right now, wait until the wine has cleared and aged a bit, then give it a taste. If too sharp for your likings, then adjust. Remember though, if you adjust the acid you should also adjust the amount of SO2 (k-meta).

Latest posts

Back