Robert Mondavi Equilivent

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineomaker

Reaction score
I am looking for a wine kit that is close to a Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir any suggestions greatly appreciated

I have made a couple of PN kits. Not all that impressed. Their certainly drinkable but not all that much Pinot character. I would jump on the Cellar Craft LR Pinot that just arrived over at FVW if I was in the market for a Pinot kit right now. That looks like it should be as good as its gets.

Thanks Mike I did not see that kit when i was looking earlier that looks like one to try

Mike, have you trie the RJS EP New Zealand Pinot? I havent but heard wonderful things about it. Im sure its probably not in the same zone as the Robert as its geared more to match the NZ style though. Where is the CC geared towards?

Here is some of the sell sheet for the CC LR Pinot Noir

The Sonoma Coast is California’s “hottest” Pinot Noir region because it is California’s coolest temperature wine region where soils are generally demanding with high rock, gravel and clay content. These conditions result in low crop yields and wines which are concentrated, complex and elegant with aging and attracting a rush of new plantings within the region.

The Bella Sonoma Vineyard in the south-west part of the region has rocky, shallow soil and was planted 15-16 years ago with a variety of Dijon clones. It is heavily influenced by marine fogs which flow freely inland though the Petaluma Gap keeping temperatures low for ideal flavor development.

This bright ruby-hued wine is medium-bodied with classic aromatics dominated by bright cherry, fresh raspberry, elegant spice and subtle notes from medium toast Hungarian oak introduced post-fermentation.

The palate shows more cherry, a suggestion of black fruits and licorice with a balance of vibrant coastal acidity and fine tannins.

This will be as close to a classic Cali Pinot Noir as they come. I am sure that EP will be fantasic but its from New Zealand and the OP mentioned looking for a good Cali Pinot Noir.

Latest posts

Back