RJ Spagnols RJS Sicilian syrah

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winery

Junior
Reaction score
This is my first try @ maiking wine.I just opened the box and read through
the instructions.Nothing is said about the two hugarian oak sticks anywhere.
I assume that they get added to the primary with the oak chips?

Add those after primary fermentation in the carboy, they will need extended oaking time but wrk very nice. I usually add them when Im bulk aging. Welcome to this site Winery!

Add those after primary fermentation in the carboy, they will need extended oaking time but wrk very nice. I usually add them when Im bulk aging. Welcome to this site Winery!

Great Thanks!
should they be sanitized before adding to carboy?

We have a beer section also here so tell us what you do and how you do it, do you ag?

Nice, what set up do you have? I just finished building my electric keggle and my brew sculdpture which is also all electric!

Nice, what set up do you have? I just finished building my electric keggle and my brew sculdpture which is also all electric!

i use a igloo cooler for my mash.I hsve a 8 gal boil kettle that i use.also i
have a kegerator i made from a mini frigde that holds two cornys with a twin tap tower above.Right now i have 6 carboys fermenting in a spare bedroom.i try to space them where i always have brews on tap.Almost forgot my
wonderful monster mill.

BY the way wade do you think it will matter if the water the oak chips(dust) boiled? in the muslim bag of course.I walked away for the stove when i came back it was boiling probadly no longer that two minutes.I used it anyway

It will be fine, should get better oak extraction from them. Feel free to post some beer recipes in the beer section. I still have to get me a mill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be fine, should get better oak extraction from them. Feel free to post some beer recipes in the beer section. I still have to get me a mill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did alot of research before i settled on the monster.Very well built.
Thanks for your help.Hell who knows i might be a wine convert in the making!

Latest posts

Back