RJ Spagnols RJS Restricted Quantities 2018

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zalai

Reaction score
The Gold Standard Collection :

TRIUMPH
Australia Shiraz Viognier

PRESTIGE
Chile Carménére

EMINENCE
Tempranillo

VIRTUE
Riesling

18 L kits with dried or crushed grape skins . Reds with RC212 the Riesling with QA23 yeast . What do you think of them ? What will you get ?
For more info go to www.rjscraftwinemaking.com .

TRIUMPH

PRESTIGE
Chile Carménére

EMINENCE
Tempranillo

VIRTUE
Riesling

18 L kits with dried or crushed grape skins . Reds with RC212 the Riesling with QA23 yeast . What do you think of them ? What will you get ?

I preordered all of them already from my local RJS supplier. I might put in a double order on the temprinillo. There all right up my ally, love the shiraz, chilean carmenerle sounds great, temprinillo cant wait, and i love a good reisling. And im happy RJS is getting away from the ec1118 for these kits.

Last edited:
I don't particularly care for Temprinillo and I've got a batch of Reisling sitting on the shelf so that leaves these two offerings out of consideration. Of the remaining two, Carmenierie is the one that I'll likely order.

Unfortunately, my RJS supplier doesn't have them available for pre-order at this time.

The EMINENCE Tempranillo is def on my list to order but I will probably pass on the rest.

I also like that it's released in Feb as it's in between the northern and southern hemisphere harvests.

-Josh

TRIUMPH

PRESTIGE
Chile Carménére

EMINENCE
Tempranillo

VIRTUE
Riesling

Like the tempanello,..

:dgI'm going for all of them this time round. Normally just do the reds, but I love a good Riesling

I'm in for all of them except maybe the Shiraz Viognier. Never tasted one so I'll have to find a decent one and see. The tasting note description for Shiraz Viognier seem allover the place.

I don't know if I'm overly intrigued by any of these, probably going to wait to see what winexpert releases in October.

I pulled the trigger and submitted an order for the Tempranillo from FineVineWines.

I'm looking forward to this. I have a CC Passport bulk aging and a WE LE on deck, so this will round out my limited edition kit experience between the different manufacturers.

I pulled the trigger and submitted an order for the Tempranillo from FineVineWines.

I'm looking forward to this. I have a CC Passport bulk aging and a WE LE on deck, so this will round out my limited edition kit experience between the different manufacturers.

Im also doing 3 of the LE16 kits, there already aging in a carboy aging, can franc, blanc de noir and grenache cab, none are spectacular yet,i have cc 18L amarone w skins and a RJS 18l autralian cab sauv in primary right now while i wait for my rq18 kits, i ordered all 4

Anyone else buy and start the Triumph (Shiraz/Viognier)? I finally started mine over the weekend. After I put everything together, I let the skins soak a bit and bubbles die down, and I measured a SG of 1.100 and pitched the RC 212. It was happily bubbling away this morning when I checked on it to punch down the skins. Just from the smells it's giving off already, I have very high expectations for this kit, and I'm sad I didn't buy 3 more :h

I've done this kit 2 times and both times it was excellent.
The first kit I added black currents 1 cup and beefed up the ab to 13
Second kit changed the yeast to ablend of RC212 and 1118, in both cases I let them setbogtled for year.bery nice finish

Latest posts

Back