RJ Spagnols RJS Orange Choc Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugger

Reaction score
I got a pleasant surprise tonight. Taking a break from kitchen renovations, I decided to go through some boxes of wine stuck under the stairs in the basement and I found a box of this OC port that I made in May of 2011. I also found a box of various wines and among them were 2 bottles of this same orange chocolate port from Dec of 2007. I opened one to try it and I want to tell you it was smoooooth. No orange now but the chocolate is there and it is, as they say in the Maritimes, right some good. So for those of you who have made this, try to lose a couple of bottles for a few years - you will be glad you did!!

LOL! I opened a bottle of my whopping 7 month old OCP about a week ago and thought it was great. It continues to get better. I used about half a bottle of brandy to fortify. Can't wait to see what it's like at one or two years. Definitely need to lose a few bottles.

Last edited:
Yum! I have that kit so its nice to hear that it will age really well :)

Hey Dugger

I collecting Ironworks Distillery bottle right now for my next port. Cant decide on which one to do. Too many choices

Already did the Choc Rasp and it is very nice at 18 months. I think I'll take you advice and squirrel away 2 bottles.

cheers

I try to hide 6 bottles of everything so they are forgotten. I Need to do this soon with my ports or there won't be any left to hide. Mine are from 2010/2011 and getting better.

Latest posts

Back