RJ Spagnols RJS Cru Select Orange Choolate Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found my notes for that double kit of White Choc Port - I added 1 of the bentonite, 2 of the yeast, both of the sulphite, both of the sorbate, and only 1 set of clarifiers - pretty much as Wade said. When I stabilized and added the fpacks the wine was still in the bucket so everything got mixed; then I degassed; then I racked to the carboy and the extra got siphoned to a bottle(s), and then added the clarifiers to the carboy. I think I racked off the sediment a couple of weeks later and topped up with the extra that was under airlock in bottle(s).
Hope this helps.
.. Doug

Found my notes for that double kit of White Choc Port - I added 1 of the bentonite, 2 of the yeast, both of the sulphite, both of the sorbate, and only 1 set of clarifiers - pretty much as Wade said. When I stabilized and added the fpacks the wine was still in the bucket so everything got mixed; then I degassed; then I racked to the carboy and the extra got siphoned to a bottle(s), and then added the clarifiers to the carboy. I think I racked off the sediment a couple of weeks later and topped up with the extra that was under airlock in bottle(s).
Hope this helps.
.. Doug

Awesome advice, guys... thanks. We just kicked it off. I spilled about 1 - 1.5 cups of the must when the primary slipped out of my hand on the way up to the storage area. :slp

Then we sprinkled the yeast and I went to put the airlock in the grommet hole... and the grommet fell into the must as well. After rescuing it slowly with a long spoon (tried not to disturb the yeast) and re-sanitizing, we were back on track.

Do you think that 1 - 1.5 cups will effect the kit? I suspect it wont but I feel bad anyway...

I'm sure the yeastie babies are good too -- fingers crossed that I hear bubblin' tomorrow morning...

I feel horrible :(

Youll most likely be right on the money now or still have just a little extra that wont fit. Youll be fine!

Wade how did your orange chocolate port end up. Would you get this kit again? I know where there is a kit available and I wa thinking about maybe getting one next week. Did you bottle in a 750 or 375 bottle?

Some love it and some dont, I think that the W.E. Rasp Choc. is way better but some dont see it that way. I will say it ferments like a wine kit should unlike the W.E. kit which will usually break your balls.

I'm excited, I'm gonna start a 6gallon batch of this in a few weeks. I bought two kits so I don't need to get 3gal carboys!

started 6 gallons of this tonight... 1.12 sg to start off with! hope it turns out great!

Its no my favorite out there. I made a dble batch and wish I didnt but must say that others love this stuff so dont panick just from what I say. To each their own taste!

A week ago my wife got to sample the WE Chocolate Raspberry port. She loved it, even though she doesn't typically like port.

I know it is too late to do the normal order for one of these, but does anyone know of a LHBS who might still have one of these kits available?

Dropped below 1.00 tonight, racked it over into the secondary and topped up with compressed Co2, still a bubble every 30 seconds or so

Its around 70-80F for the primary fermentation, its pretty much done fermenting now, I just need to rack it over and add the f-packs/clarifiers/sulfite :gn

racked her over and added the flavor packs... definately had to take some out because there was too much to fit in the 6gal carboy... looking forward to this one! ::

Did you take a taste?

I'm insulted that you are even asking!!

Haha I'm just messing... I do always take a taste! Not bad, def still got the yeast flavors in there but that is to be expected at this stage. I'll try it again in another month or so. I'm sure it will be fantastic then!

I made the orange chocolate and the white chocolate
about a year ago, they both turned out excellent.......... but certainly not my favorites. Okay for a small glass once in a while shared with company
but not a regular drinking wine, far too sweet. I see having bottles around for a few years so i doubt i will make either of them again

Hey Wade, I know how you feel about this wine. I was talking to a rep yesterday from RJS and he was telling me the best thing to pair this wine with was an ice cream sandwich. Just an fyi for you and Abe.

Sorry, I have like 3 bottles and the only reason I have it is I didnt know they were on the shelves hidden under a few other bottles. Ill give them out to people thinking about making this kit as I did you. I dont have any plans on opening one for myself at all.

Latest posts

Back