RJ Spagnols RJS Cru International

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StreetGlide

Reaction score
Is anyone else pretty impressed with these smaller RJS kits or am I just that easy to please? In the past couple months I have done the Nebbiolo and the Cal Zin. Both seem like they are going to be really good for what they are. I made them thinking they might be ready in 9months to a year and allow the EP kits I made to age properly. I do believe this will be the case. I know things can change for the good and bad, so time will tell more, but I think these are a decent bang for the buck.

I really like the BC Pinot Noir, very nice at 6- 8 months as a lighter drinking red.

I really like the BC Pinot Noir, very nice at 6- 8 months as a lighter drinking red.

I have that one getting ready to come out of the fermenter tonight. With no skins I don’t think it’s necessary to leave it any longer then it has to. It’s down to .992 so tonight I’m going to rack it into a carboy. Made this one for my better half as she really likesPinot Noir so the endorsement is nice to hear.

Is anyone else pretty impressed with these smaller RJS kits or am I just that easy to please? In the past couple months I have done the Nebbiolo and the Cal Zin. Both seem like they are going to be really good for what they are. I made them thinking they might be ready in 9months to a year and allow the EP kits I made to age properly. I do believe this will be the case. I know things can change for the good and bad, so time will tell more, but I think these are a decent bang for the buck.
I’ve made the BC okanagon meritage, French rose & Red Zinfandel...they were all quite good for what they were, especially for the price.

At the moment enjoying a glass of the Zinfandel at one year young and only two months in the bottle and it’s one of my favorites to date. That’s compared against many that were more “premium”.

Jbo

That’s great to hear. I have 3 gal of that aging on French MT cubes right now. I only have 3 gal because I used part of it to blend. Looking forward to it and the Nebbiolo that I barrel aged

I did mine with a Nebbiolo too. The neb is good, but it’s much lighter than I expected.

Jbo

Latest posts

Back