RJ Spagnols En Primeur Australian Cabernet Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourgrape

Reaction score
Has anyone done the above kit? I really had my heart set on CC Showcase Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon but the local home brew store had sold out of that one. The guy at the store said that this one was comparable, so I bought it. I am now hoping I did not make a mistake. It seems to contain the same amount of Genuwine grapeskins that the Showcase kits do, but in two gel packs rather than one. It has 3 packets of oak powder, but no chips or cubes (no problem, I'll add those myself later). It also contains pectanase (spelling?) that Showcase kits do not. Other than that, the instructions look extremely similar. I am hoping they are of equal quality. I cannot find any reviews of this particular kit online, though the RJS Super Tuscan seems to get glowing reviews. Even Amazon has no reviews for the Cab.

I haven't made either kit. But the CC Showcase and En Primeur lines are comparable in terms of quality. Both the high end line from their perspective suppliers.

Has anyone done the above kit? I really had my heart set on CC Showcase Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon but the local home brew store had sold out of that one. The guy at the store said that this one was comparable, so I bought it. I am now hoping I did not make a mistake. It seems to contain the same amount of Genuwine grapeskins that the Showcase kits do, but in two gel packs rather than one. It has 3 packets of oak powder, but no chips or cubes (no problem, I'll add those myself later). It also contains pectanase (spelling?) that Showcase kits do not. Other than that, the instructions look extremely similar. I am hoping they are of equal quality. I cannot find any reviews of this particular kit online, though the RJS Super Tuscan seems to get glowing reviews. Even Amazon has no reviews for the Cab.
Any updates?

Back