Risks from blending pre-fermentation?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well please keep my name on them and I will set aside Eclipse Old Vine Zin and a cab/merlot/carignane all-grape blend with your name to meet sometime between now and spring harvest.

Without a doubt. They are already set aside aging gracefully with your name literally on em. And I was actually eyeballing the old vine zin kit today at the shop. I look forward. Possibly over at Gino pintos. Or maybe an eagles tailgate!

Are you really doing the crush in Bustleton? At a relatives house, maybe?

No, sadly, I am safely here in Wisco, waiting for my grapes. We are getting Washington grapes, so it will be sometime in the "traditional" fall season. :)

Sure am. I keep a small area and equipment to make some kits and different batches at my place. But anything substantial I do at my family's property. More ideal space, plus during primaries I have an excuse to see em more often. Mom loves when I start a new batch!
I'll have my old man and a buddy in desperate need of a day out lending a hand tomorrow.

I hope the wine(syrah?) and sharp provolone were as good today as they were yesterday while choosing your Pope Juice.

Did you get premium or wood grapes? Both have been good in my experience.

Yup the Syrah in the tapped barrel was fantastic.

1st Saturday after Labor Day wknd you know they were ready for the crowd today. As always.
I bought both premium and Wood. My 3 varietal blend is 1/2 premium and 1/2 wood of each.

Back