WineXpert riesling ice wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajc1616

Junior
Reaction score
Do I have to constantly check my specific gravity with this wine? It says that I should move to secondary at 1.080 or less. My starting gravity was 1.170. My main question is that will wine ferment out?

Where did you get Riesling Ice Wine this time of year? Usually its Vidal not riesling.

Since this is under Winexpert I feel safe to say its a kit and they are available all year round. It will not ferment to dry hence the very high starting sg. Just give it a check every few days and whens ites near check it a little more often and rack when needed.

So it is .. I just never heard of riesling ice wine

Specialty | Selection Spéciale

Riesling Icewine Style

Prized as a unique sweet wine specialty, our Icewine - based on Riesling grapes - will surprise you with its body and complexity. Served chilled, this golden nectar should be sipped slowly to cherish its special charms.

Sweetness: Sweet | Body: Medium-Full | Oak Intensity: None

Sorry I did not specify on it being a winexpert. Tom try to find a bottle since I live close to the Niagara escarpment I get to try a couple of Riesling ice wines and they are simply amazing.

I have made a few Ice wines (kits and juice). All have been Vidal. I also have made Riesling wine (one is aging now). I bet it is delicious !

Latest posts

Back