REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on them 1 micron and 5 micron filters, after i use mine i spray mine clean using a nozzle on my hose hooked to my wine room sink, then i write after drip drying either 1 or 5 on a freezer baggy and throw my filters in the freezer, you can get several uses outta them filters using then 2.5 x 10 inch spun polypropylene filters,
Dawg edited for content

Last edited:
on them 1 micron and 5 micron filters, after i use mine i spray mine clean using a nozzle on my hose hooked to my wine room sink, then i write either 1 or 5 on a freezer baggy and throw my filters in the freezer, you can get several uses outta them filters using then 2.5 x 10 inch spun polypropylene filters,
Dawg

I'm not sure this is a good thing to do. I rack several wines at one time with one filter then throw it away. When you freeze the filter, (as I'm sure you know) water expands and increases the size of the holes. They aren't 1 and 5 anymore, more like 1.5 and 6. Then next freezing they get even bigger.

I'm not sure this is a good thing to do. I rack several wines at one time with one filter then throw it away. When you freeze the filter, (as I'm sure you know) water expands and increases the size of the holes. They aren't 1 and 5 anymore, more like 1.5 and 6. Then next freezing they get even bigger.
A agree. I was warned not to freeze them Also

TL;DR - Get an AIO!!!

I bottled a 3 gallon dessert wine kit into 30 375 ml bottles last night using my AIO. What a joy! I also racked two 1 gallon kits I have going and also racked a wine that had lots of lees in secondary so I had to downsize from a 3 gallon to two 1 gallon + a 1.5 liter bottle. My AIO makes it so easy and hubby is glad because now I can do it all myself! I thanked him for agreeing when I asked if I should get the AIO.

And as others have stated, Steve is very knowledgeable and gave me good advice when we chatted after I first ordered my AIO. Much appreciated!

guess i should of stated that i let mine drip dry before, then freeze,, been doing so for years, rinse lay on a dryer rack cover with wash cloth then the next evening i freeze, never have had a bit of trouble, but to each their own, and spun polypropylene only, paper tends to give of a soapy taste,
Dawg

Love my AiO. Saves so much time racking, degassing, and bottling. I really wish there was a better vacuum relief valve available. I'm on my second one and it is failing. It seems that wine/water/Starsan corrodes the spring which eventually prevents the value from staying closed. The only time that wine gets near the valve is during bottling. I do wash, sanitize, and dry after every botting. Any ideas on a better valve replacement?

Love my AiO. Saves so much time racking, degassing, and bottling. I really wish there was a better vacuum relief valve available. I'm on my second one and it is failing. It seems that wine/water/Starsan corrodes the spring which eventually prevents the value from staying closed. The only time that wine gets near the valve is during bottling. I do wash, sanitize, and dry after every botting. Any ideas on a better valve replacement?

We just received our latest vacuum release valve - which has an updated spring for longer life. It also has our name lazered into it. No need to santize after using only prior.

No need to santize after using only prior.

Oh oh... I'm I doing something wrong? I don't wash or sanitize the valve at all. Well, I did once when I wasn't paying attention and over filled a bottle so wine got to the valve and a few drops in the overflow bottle. That was the 1st time I bottled with it. Then I rinsed it good and dried it out with compressed air. Hasn't happened since. Other than that, why would you worry about it if it is just pulling air away from the wine?

We just received our latest vacuum release valve - which has an updated spring for longer life. It also has our name lazered into it. No need to santize after using only prior.

Fantastic! Can I just order it from the website?

why would you worry about it if it is just pulling air away from the wine?

I seem to always manage to suck some backflow during bottling thru the valve into the reservoir bottle.

Oh oh... I'm I doing something wrong? I don't wash or sanitize the valve at all. Well, I did once when I wasn't paying attention and over filled a bottle so wine got to the valve and a few drops in the overflow bottle. That was the 1st time I bottled with it. Then I rinsed it good and dried it out with compressed air. Hasn't happened since. Other than that, why would you worry about it if it is just pulling air away from the wine?
You will be fine - That is what I do

If you do get wine thru the valve - just rinse it with water only

Steve,

Thanks for sending the new valve so quickly and letting me sneak in the discount. I definitely like the ruggedness of the new valve and the logo is just cool. I've already used it for 3 bottling sessions and a number of rackings.

@reeflections initially like the idea about drying with compressed air, but it you introduced any oil into the hose, it would be game over. I have always just hung my hoses up to dry after washing and then rinsing with StarSan.

@reeflections initially like the idea about drying with compressed air, but it you introduced any oil into the hose, it would be game over. I have always just hung my hoses up to dry after washing and then rinsing with StarSan.

I was only talking about drying the valve if you were to get wine in it and have to rinse it. No oil from the compressed air would ever touch any wine that you would drink.

Latest posts

Back