REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just used mine for the first time today.. WOW! What a game changer. I wish that I had more to rack right now. Press the button and sit down for a few minutes (enjoy that sample that you took). Boom, 6 gallons transferred and degassed. This was the first 3 month racking and holy crap did it foam up. But thanks to the AIO not a drop to clean up, it was all sucked into the overflow bottle!

I just used mine for the first time today.. WOW! What a game changer. I wish that I had more to rack right now. Press the button and sit down for a few minutes (enjoy that sample that you took). Boom, 6 gallons transferred and degassed. This was the first 3 month racking and holy crap did it foam up. But thanks to the AIO not a drop to clean up, it was all sucked into the overflow bottle!
You can control the vacuum as it foams up with the vacuum break valve (or the plastic precision valve if you got one). I try not to let wine get sucked into the overflow bottle, because I fear it will get the valve sticky. Maybe I'm wrong. Plus, all that wine wasted in the tubing! Haha.

youre gonna need to run some water through that hose and hang it up to dry. Those valves will mess up when they get sticky.

You can control the vacuum as it foams up with the vacuum break valve (or the plastic precision valve if you got one). I try not to let wine get sucked into the overflow bottle, because I fear it will get the valve sticky. Maybe I'm wrong. Plus, all that wine wasted in the tubing! Haha.

I also agree with Gerald ^^
and release the vacuum a bit so the excess CO2 bubbles don't go into the vacuum line - causing possible issues down the road. No worries as you will need to rack again and you will get more CO2 out again in the future.

I guess I should have been more clear. There was no wine loss —and I did control the vacuum once the foam reached the top.. I just meant that normally it would have come out of the top of the carboy and made a mess but instead the small amount of foam that made it up the neck went into the overflow line (which of course I cleaned).

My main point was that after several “degassings” with the drill mounted tool and sitting for 3 months there was still an unbelievable amount of CO2.

I guess I should have been more clear. There was no wine loss —and I did control the vacuum once the foam reached the top.. I just meant that normally it would have come out of the top of the carboy and made a mess but instead the small amount of foam that made it up the neck went into the overflow line (which of course I cleaned).

My main point was that after several “degassings” with the drill mounted tool and sitting for 3 months there was still an unbelievable amount of CO2.

Thanks for the clarification - I know we all had your best interest in mind when we commented. I know I personally made similar mistakes along the way.

I was wondering what people feel are the necessary accessories for the AIO pump? I'm looking to order one in the near future and would like to get parts that would be deemed a necessity at the same time. I'm not doing massive amounts of wine at a time. 6 gallons at a time a few times a year. For the pump kit itself, I think the deluxe version is all I'd need there.

Filter? Headspace Eliminator?Adjustable Vacuum Valve?

Headspace eliminator for sure, adjustable vacuum valve absolutely, (if you’re working alone when bottling you can adjust it to where you can cork one while filling the second. Filter is good too. I gotta get me some of those carboy tags soon

Headspace eliminator for sure, adjustable vacuum valve absolutely, (if you’re working alone when bottling you can adjust it to where you can cork one while filling the second. Filter is good too. I gotta get me some of those carboy tags soon

AH ya, I'm planning on the tags too..2 or 3 should be plenty I think.

I was wondering what people feel are the necessary accessories for the AIO pump? I'm looking to order one in the near future and would like to get parts that would be deemed a necessity at the same time. I'm not doing massive amounts of wine at a time. 6 gallons at a time a few times a year. For the pump kit itself, I think the deluxe version is all I'd need there.

Filter? Headspace Eliminator?Adjustable Vacuum Valve?

I personally like to call everyone who orders to make sure that they get everything they need or want.

I have found that this approach works best - mainly because there are not 2 winemakers alike. I will give you advice and suggestions and the why's that go along with them. It is strictly up to the individual to determine for themself what to purchase - There is no sales tactic.

Feel free to PM me directly to answer all your questions and concerns

Thanks again
Steve

@Aeludor
Well thus year alone, I went with the professional AIO, headspace eliminators, pet carboy transfer kit and the bottle washer. Plus I have the filter set up.

I would say, look at your equipment and decide on what you need. Steve is great for that. If you have all glass carboys then you are all set with only the AIO and some headspace eliminators (great for degassing). The other accessories are just bonus at that point but an additional vacuum release valve is a good move to have another set up for bottling. Also look into the filter set up, its great. And yes the precision valve is a must. So give Steve a call, you will not regret it.

What is the process to be able to fill a bottle while corking another.......................just can't wrap my mind around how that could be done?.................................Dizzy

What is the process to be able to fill a bottle while corking another.......................just can't wrap my mind around how that could be done?.................................Dizzy
I have the adjustable valve turned down where it creates no foam (or very little), my corker is on the counter Beside my bottle filling station. I’m tall so I can use my floor corker on the counter. It’s a pretty simple setup.

I have the adjustable valve turned down where it creates no foam (or very little), my corker is on the counter Beside my bottle filling station. I’m tall so I can use my floor corker on the counter. It’s a pretty simple setup.
Thankyou for the response. Guess I need to find out from Steve just what is the "precision valve" and the "vacumn release valve"? Up to this point when bottling I press down/up on the valve that is on the line (I am assuming that is the vacumn release v.), so I need to discover about the location of the "precision v." ......Dizzy

Thankyou for the response. Guess I need to find out from Steve just what is the "precision valve" and the "vacumn release valve"? Up to this point when bottling I press down/up on the valve that is on the line (I am assuming that is the vacumn release v.), so I need to discover about the location of the "precision v." ......Dizzy
The precision valve replaces the little tube coming out of your overflow bottle, has a valve that you can open and close to slow down or speed up the flow.

The vacuum release valve is the push button valve in the line.

Latest posts

Back