REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I made it through 13 of the 57 pages in this thread, and ordered everything to use with my existing woodworking vacuum pump.
Coincidentally, I've been here a week or two lurking, learning, etc,and this is my first post.
Been making wines for about 6 weeks...have a kit Cabernet, kit Malbec, and kit Amerone fermenting...just pitched the yeast on 6 gallons of Dragon Blood, so i have something to drink while waiting on the kits to age.
Im officially hooked.
Darren
Well welcome to winemakingtalk. Dive right in

These last few posts are reminding me of an issue I had a few years ago with the filter lid not getting all the way on. As a result, air was getting in. Without a cartridge in your filter, tighten the lid down and mark a line on the lid and filter. Then remove the lid, put the filter cartridge in and replace the lid. If you can't tighten it so the lines line back up, that could be your issue. Could be the filter itself, or it isn't properly seated, making it a challenge to fully tighten/seal the lid.

EXACTLY JIM - I still using your pictures on mt tutorial on my website about filtration - https://www.allinonewinepump.com/product/wine-filter-setup/

Well, I made it through 13 of the 57 pages in this thread, and ordered everything to use with my existing woodworking vacuum pump.
Coincidentally, I've been here a week or two lurking, learning, etc,and this is my first post.
Been making wines for about 6 weeks...have a kit Cabernet, kit Malbec, and kit Amerone fermenting...just pitched the yeast on 6 gallons of Dragon Blood, so i have something to drink while waiting on the kits to age.
Im officially hooked.
Darren

Welcome !!

If you have any questions or concerns you can always contact me directly

Regarding bubbles: True confessions, I haven't bought any AllinOne products yet, but I probably will soon because I need a better bottling setup. However, I do already have a filtering system that I pieced together myself which I believe is very similar to the AIO. I've seen the bubbles before too and I'm pretty sure they are CO2. I think the filter really causes a lot of them to come out of solution for some reason. Last year I had a seyval blanc split up into several carboys. Most of them I put through the filter but one I did not. I like the ones I put through the filter better, not just because they are clearer but also because it turns out that there was more CO2 in the wine than I thought prior to bottling. The filter pulled out the excess CO2 and those taste nice. The one I didn't filter is slightly zippy and pettilant.

Steve - I just want you to know that I received the pump last week.

After overthinking and over-analyzing the simplicity of it, I made the decision to get on with it and test it out. Amazed.

After again shocked by the simplicity and ease of use, I set out to rack a carboy...I didn't stop there. After racking 4-6.5 gallon and 4-3 gallon carboys, I emerged 45 minutes later amazed at what was accomplished and how much time I had to do other things.

By far this was the best money I have spent on wine making equipment. I can tell you this, from reading comments from others, emailing and talking to you about my needs, the quick shipping and service...one of the most satisfying purchases ever!

I cannot wait to filter and bottle.

I'll be talking soon and hope to see you in the future. Thanks again!

I've been using the All In One Wine pump since 2013 and have filled over 5000 bottles without a problem. Any questions I had Steve the owner has answered them. Great product and I would not be making any wine in the future without the All In One.

Just got off the phone with Steve. What a guy. I ordered a new vacuum release since mine is worn out from bottling about a million bottles with my wine pump, I also ordered some 3/8" spare hose for the siphon side. Steve called and wanted to know if my order is correct, since guys who order the vacuum release usually get some of the 1/4" hose to go with it. Amazing. In this day of offshore "customer service" you have to put up with.......This company has its owner calling you to verify your order is correct. Love this company, its products and its owner. A breath of fresh air.

I received my all in one wine pump as a gift from my wife, for Christmas. She coordinated with a friend that owns one of Steve’s pumps, so I wasn’t completely aware of all of the accessories that she purchased.
I have now racked two carboys, degassing the wine in the process, and today I bottled two batches that have been in bulk storage for nearly one year. I am not a very “mechanically inclined” person. I had absolutely no problem setting up and operating the pump for both sessions, one racking and then the bottling.
I spoke to Steve briefly after I placed an order for additional products, that in fact I didn’t need. He called with a couple of questions and a wealth of information and advice. He canceled my order and refunded my money. He provides phenomenal customer service. Very clearly, he wants his customers to be successful and have fun using his machine. I have made more than 20 kits in the past two years, and I will continue to make about ten kits per year, saving myself a tremendous amount of time and hassle utilizing the all in one wine pump.
My wife is happy, as the use of this pump has reduced the time that I tie up the kitchen and significantly reduced the mess that I typically make.
I couldn’t be happier with my pump. I plan to purchase additional headspace eliminators to eliminate the need to top up my carboys after racking. This is a great product at a very reasonable price.
Thank you, Steve.

I’ve had my AIO for a few years now. Used and abused. This suckers got some serious miles on it. I keep waiting for it to start giving me issues, but it just won’t quit.
I needed to replace the main valve piece at one point. Grabbed a few headspace eliminators. Picked up the PET kit which I haven’t used yet (tho I use the hose with the hard plastic elbow sleeve for filling the barrel), and also the precision valve.
I really didn’t feel I needed it since I had a nice touch with the valve at bottling, but ended up being a great add on. Each wine bubbles up at different flow rates, so the precision valve allows me to dial it in perfectly with no need to wait for bubbles to dissipate in the neck. Nice and uniform fills. As always [emoji106]Adjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPG

I’ve had my AIO for a few years now. Used and abused. This suckers got some serious miles on it. I keep waiting for it to start giving me issues, but it just won’t quit.
I needed to replace the main valve piece at one point. Grabbed a few headspace eliminators. Picked up the PET kit which I haven’t used yet (tho I use the hose with the hard plastic elbow sleeve for filling the barrel), and also the precision valve.
I really didn’t feel I needed it since I had a nice touch with the valve at bottling, but ended up being a great add on. Each wine bubbles up at different flow rates, so the precision valve allows me to dial it in perfectly with no need to wait for bubbles to dissipate in the neck. Nice and uniform fills. As always [emoji106]View attachment 58498View attachment 58499

Thank You for your review after this long.
I really like your setup - holding the hoses out of the way and all

Thank you Again
Steve

Absolutely love my AIO wine pump. I have not had it that long but I’ve used it to rack and bottle and it’s a time and aggravation saver at the very least.
Steve’s service is second to none. The simplicity of the set up and use of this pump makes it a pleasure to use. Very easy clean up and storage. I would never be without one now that I have seen how great they are.

Thank You for your review after this long.
I really like your setup - holding the hoses out of the way and all

Thank you Again
Steve

Mainly wanted to say the precision valve has been a great addition.
the setup simply stemmed from working conditions. One day in the midst of racking, moving things around and knocking a wet cane onto the floor I said screw it. Quick look around for something to remedy. Bent up some insulation wire support things that hold batt insulation in place in 2x walls. Bent it up as hooks and hung from pipes in the open ceiling, shifting around as needed.

Kinda ghetto but works for me. Just hangs till ready to go again. No propping wet canes on anything or fumbling with hoses in between vessels or sets of bottles.

gotta agree with the rest vacuum pump mans pumps are better then sliced bread, i have 2 set together, one for racking, degassing, filtering, one for filtering and bottling, 1 is great but 2 is heaven, or maybe i'm a touch lazy, lol,, but ((((((good lord willing will))))))))))) I always use 2 of steve's pumps, when doing big batches just in fremeters i can total 70 gallons using only 3 containers, and 20 6 gallon carboys 4 6&1/2 gallon carboys and a couple 3 gallons carboys and 4, 1 gallon jugs, so racking it degases and filters and racks all at once, and the second filters and bottles all at once, so with 2 of steve's pumps , i can do what several people could do by myself all while sitting in a chair and being disabled is a really big deal to me,
Dawg

Hey dawg! Haven't seen you in a while!
thankyou, getting my groove back, i got to popular around here so i went silent to keep the bid dogs from getting mad because i cut them all off, i started this for peace of mind, but i had businessman, row crop farmers, judges on and on, so i did not want them mad so i quit making wine, but i had stached back tons for me, now everybody has forgotten me and no hard feelings, and no one around here knows i am back to get my peace of mind

Latest posts

Back