REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to talk to this Mr. Steve fellow. This pump looks like it would be a good way for me to save my back lifting carboys as well as the de-gassing & bottling chores.
This is Steve , please pm on this forum or contact me directly thru my website.
I will call you and answer all your questions and concerns at that time.

I've been using my AIO for several years now (maybe 4?) -hated manual degassing ...this solved that problem nicely. This year I used it with my grapes to pump wine from primary into carboys using some accessories Steve designed especially for this...it was great. Very versatile tool -saved many back strains from lifting carboys too! I would encourage anyone to add this to their toolbox! Thanks for such a great tool Steve and for all the advice and help!
-Kim

I believe you are referring to this product -
https://www.allinonewinepump.com/product/free-run-tube-with-mesh-bag-2/

I've used mine so much parts on it are starting to wear out lol. The better bottle platic carboy kit actually worked so well I got rid of most of my glass bottles. However everything isn't roses, namely the filtering attachment. I couldn't get that to stop sucking air no matter what i did, sadly it actually ruined a primo batch of strawberry wine and completely aerated it. I replaced everything i could a tried like heck to make it work. I just think its a horrible design. I got so angry about losing the batch of wine I threw it in the garbage. Still as long as you avoid the filtering kit I'd recommend it

I've used mine so much parts on it are starting to wear out lol. The better bottle platic carboy kit actually worked so well I got rid of most of my glass bottles. However everything isn't roses, namely the filtering attachment. I couldn't get that to stop sucking air no matter what i did, sadly it actually ruined a primo batch of strawberry wine and completely aerated it. I replaced everything i could a tried like heck to make it work. I just think its a horrible design. I got so angry about losing the batch of wine I threw it in the garbage. Still as long as you avoid the filtering kit I'd recommend it

Please contact me as to find out what happened when filtering - There are way too many people who do use it without any issues. It should not effect your wine in order to cause it to be thrown out.

Please pm me with your phone number and I will call you back today

No sweat sorry if i came off too strong. Basically there was nothing but bubbles on the filtered side. I Teflon taped the hose barbs, no effect. I got brass fittings, still leaked. Tried pipe dope, still leaked. So I examined the big o-ring, it looked fine. Tried other hoses, still nothing but bubbles. So by now the wine I'm trying to filter is junk so I dumped it into my still and made some brandy. I took it into work and had my engineer look at it and he said that the all plastic housing was meant to filter house lines at low psi not handle vacuum. So I dumped it in the garbage. Honestly I don't care since the smart thing to do was test it in water first and I didn't do that. Like i said everything else you sell is top notch and I recommend it.

No sweat sorry if i came off too strong. Basically there was nothing but bubbles on the filtered side. I Teflon taped the hose barbs, no effect. I got brass fittings, still leaked. Tried pipe dope, still leaked. So I examined the big o-ring, it looked fine. Tried other hoses, still nothing but bubbles. So by now the wine I'm trying to filter is junk so I dumped it into my still and made some brandy. I took it into work and had my engineer look at it and he said that the all plastic housing was meant to filter house lines at low psi not handle vacuum. So I dumped it in the garbage. Honestly I don't care since the smart thing to do was test it in water first and I didn't do that. Like i said everything else you sell is top notch and I recommend it.

Sorry I could not help - prior to tossing it. I could give you a list of possibilities - but no reason at this time. I do sell most all the accessories on my website - or you can always PM me

I am confused here....???? I bought the barbs from Steve and the Filter housing and filters from "Filters fast". Then I filtered some peach wine that would not clear after six months and tons of Pectin Enzyme added over time. Then using The ALL IN One to rack and rerack several times.... I ran it through the filter 5 microns then two weeks later 1 micron and it was clear enough to bottle and drink. I think that the wine was too cloudy in your case and it could not get through the filter or It WAS PILOT ERROR in either case the proof is in the pudding and there is far more good pudding out there because of the ALL IN ONE and the filters fast cartridge than bad. I don't have the funds to throw away something I spent my hard earned dollars on before contacting the seller. I smell fish!

I am confused here....???? I bought the barbs from Steve and the Filter housing and filters from "Filters fast". Then I filtered some peach wine that would not clear after six months and tons of Pectin Enzyme added over time. Then using The ALL IN One to rack and rerack several times.... I ran it through the filter 5 microns then two weeks later 1 micron and it was clear enough to bottle and drink. I think that the wine was too cloudy in your case and it could not get through the filter or It WAS PILOT ERROR in either case the proof is in the pudding and there is far more good pudding out there because of the ALL IN ONE and the filters fast cartridge than bad. I don't have the funds to throw away something I spent my hard earned dollars on before contacting the seller. I smell fish!

I'm not sure he threw out his All-In-One, I think he threw out the filter module he was using.

I have also had constant bubbles if I used full vacuum. I tried to feather the vac using the in line relief valve. Pain in the rear.

I'm hoping the valve I just got will eliminate the problem.

Yea he was confused big time. I'm not talking about the filter being blocked. The wine was 7 months old and was clear. What I meant was there was a solid stream of wine going into the filter, and bubbles+wine going thru the outlet. This meant the wine was getting heavily aerated and would have been vinegar before too long. Sage I also tried to back off the vacuum and it did nothing.

It takes Alot longer of oxygen exposure to ruin your wine.

Good chance it was CO2 be driven out of your wine under vacuum - because of the filter element.

Was the filter cartridge indexed - top and bottom as explained on my website or on this forum?

Yes I read how to set everything up carefully. Then it was a day of frustration when not a single thing I tried worked, my guess is there might have been a flaw in mine or possibly the big o-ring was a little dried out. Its a shame because I had like 5 batches of wine to filter that day. I should have tried it first with water tho, its was my fault like I said for not testing it first. The batch I tried to filter was definitely ruined, if you did a side by side with the unfiltered wine it was dramatically worse. Its why I never bottled it. However it wasn't wasted.

These last few posts are reminding me of an issue I had a few years ago with the filter lid not getting all the way on. As a result, air was getting in. Without a cartridge in your filter, tighten the lid down and mark a line on the lid and filter. Then remove the lid, put the filter cartridge in and replace the lid. If you can't tighten it so the lines line back up, that could be your issue. Could be the filter itself, or it isn't properly seated, making it a challenge to fully tighten/seal the lid.

Well, I made it through 13 of the 57 pages in this thread, and ordered everything to use with my existing woodworking vacuum pump.
Coincidentally, I've been here a week or two lurking, learning, etc,and this is my first post.
Been making wines for about 6 weeks...have a kit Cabernet, kit Malbec, and kit Amerone fermenting...just pitched the yeast on 6 gallons of Dragon Blood, so i have something to drink while waiting on the kits to age.
Im officially hooked.
Darren

Back