REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AZMDTed; said:
I love my AllinOne. This weekend I was working on fixing a busted pipe, so I spent a few more minutes and made a bottling bottle holder. Cheap and simple, just some 3" pvc and some 1" pvc. A few cuts, some pvc glue and voila.

Phew! I thought you were going to tell us how you used your AIO to drain a stuck toilet or something like that.
smilie.gif

This seems like it might be the right place to throw in a review of the Pressurized Bottle Washer/Sanitizer. Steve happened to be near visiting near where I live the first part of October. We had planned to meet up and I asked him to deliver one of these to me, which he graciously agreed to do. I didn't have any wine bottles to clean until recently, so I just had a reason to put it all together and fire it up. Like most things Steve puts together, hoses are color coordinated and go together with a minimal amount of thought required. You do have to sacrifice a bucket, but that becomes the carrying case for the whole thing, so it isn't much of a sacrifice.

My wife calls herself The Cellar Rat and takes care of making sure that things are cleared to her exacting specifications. She is also in charge of making certain that everything gets thoroughly sanitized. She loves this new tool, it used to take about 30 minutes or so to wash and sanitize enough bottles for a 6 gallon carboy, now it took about 10 minutes to get enough bottles ready to go to bottle 4 carboys. This is going to be a real time-saver for both of us.

I also had the thought that I often end up with 3 or 4 carboys of some varietals each year. One challenge has always been how to rack them and get a consistent blend. Now, I have a way to do that quickly, I talked with Steve and will be getting some stand-alone hoses (color coordinated, of course), add an in-line filter to protect the pump. I'll be able to go from my 4 carboys of Chambourcin into a big bucket, quickly, then use my all-in-one-wine pump and back into my glass carboys, quickly.

I suggest everyone check out this cleaning tool, you might be able to convince your banker that it is a worthwhile expense.

Just got mine today. I love it already. Happy and merry Christmas to me. I worked a side job and made enough to buy one. I can't tell you how much I love this. I degassed a 5 gallon batch of Dragons Blood. Twice, because I could. And it didn't take any time at all. Then I bottled it in 2 kinds of beer bottles and wine bottles. What a time saver, and no lifting full carboys.
Steve, I love you (and your family).
Thanks,
Tom in Alaska

Finally got to using mine after having it for a couple of months. Racked/degassed my Super Tuscan and used the headspace eliminator. Very easy to use for the first time. I should be using it for bottling here in the next couple of months.

Have I said lately how much I love my AIO? I'd take it to bed but then my wife wouldn't have room to sleep in there....hummm (just kidding honey, I love you)...but looking back it is definitely the my best purchase of 2016. I don't know what I'd do without it!

Have I said lately how much I love my AIO? I'd take it to bed but then my wife wouldn't have room to sleep in there....hummm (just kidding honey, I love you)...but looking back it is definitely the my best purchase of 2016. I don't know what I'd do without it!

It's okay to love your AIO... just don't LOOOOOVE your AIO if ya know what I mean.

:I've been really wanting one since I first saw it, but family and other expenses always seemed to take the priority. I received one for Christmas this year, Gosh I love my Wife and Family, I'm truly blessed, it's probably the best present I've ever received, and will really enjoy using it! Dale.:db

I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and used it for the first time last night. I transfered 2 carboys of Dornfelder with it, plus a gallon.
It worked well, I got a good amount of foam so looks like there was still gas in it (this falls harvest). Much quicker than my normal gravity racking.

Now a question for Steve, see in the image below there are some small green bottles with black lids, I think they hold about 2L. Do you know if these are OK to rack into with the pump? The glass feels strong enough but not sure. I use those when I don't have enough to fill a 1 gallon. The stopper for racking just barely fits into the mouth of those, I have to apply pressure to it to keep vacuum. I'm not sure what those bottles are called, I just got them when I bought a bunch of someones wine stuff in the past.

winebottles1.jpg

I believe you should be fine - but please contact me directly as we can make sure

Thanks Steve

I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and used it for the first time last night. I transfered 2 carboys of Dornfelder with it, plus a gallon.
It worked well, I got a good amount of foam so looks like there was still gas in it (this falls harvest). Much quicker than my normal gravity racking.

Now a question for Steve, see in the image below there are some small green bottles with black lids, I think they hold about 2L. Do you know if these are OK to rack into with the pump? The glass feels strong enough but not sure. I use those when I don't have enough to fill a 1 gallon. The stopper for racking just barely fits into the mouth of those, I have to apply pressure to it to keep vacuum. I'm not sure what those bottles are called, I just got them when I bought a bunch of someones wine stuff in the past.

This is a video testimonial from Tom Greene of NightSide Distillery about his experiences with the Allinonewinepump after 4 years and going thru 10,000 bottles being filled.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6Rqqvr27k&feature=youtu.be[/ame]
Please visit us at Allinonewinepump.com

That is a great testimonial and endorsement for your product, Steve. Not only a good product for the home based fermenter, but commercial operations as well.

That is a great testimonial and endorsement for your product, Steve. Not only a good product for the home based fermenter, but commercial operations as well.

That is why I thought it was a good idea to post it -

I can't believe over 10,000 bottles in 4 years !!

wine shutoff valve experience

A while back I posted about using a plastic 1/4-turn shutoff valve to control the flow. While it did work great, Steve worried that sanitation would be a problem. For a while I had no problems, but then one time I saw some stringy stuff come out of it after when I was getting ready to rack. I thought it had been well cleaned.... My error, and why I don't use it any more. A pity, because it was nice to be able to control the flow and get a nice foamy spray when degassing, but it isn't worth a ruined batch. No batches were ruined, by the way, but I didn't want to take the chance. Chalk one up for Steve..... I think he suggested a C-clamp on the hose if I wanted to control flow without worries about contamination. If he did, kudos to him as I like to give credit where it is due, but regardless I'm using a very small C clamp I got at Harbor Freight. It isn't as nice to use as the plastic valve, but it does work fine.

Measuring vacuum of the All-In-One

Being the engineer type I am and since I restrict the flow (against Steve's judgment, I just want to be clear this is *not* a supported use) I was always wondering what kind of vacuum I was really pulling. You can't see a vacuum, obviously, and once I get a good low pressure inside the carboy I just want to maintain it to not stress the pump any more than I have to. I only make kit wines, and I only rack twice (once out of the bucket, once off the finings) so I want really thorough degassing in a short time.

So I found a cheap vacuum gauge that seems to be doing the trick. Harbor Freight has a Fuel Pump and Vacuum Gauge tester for $13 (item 62637) which contains the gauge (huge -- 4" in diameter) and various fittings, the only one of which is interesting is a T fitting. I snipped the vacuum hose about 3" from where it comes out of the wooden box of the AIO and cut off another 3" piece. The extra piece runs from the vacuum gauge to the T, and the hose from the pump and the one running to the vacuum wine bottle attach to the other two legs (so basically the hose runs as before with the T out the side hooking to the vacuum gauge). There is a flat metal hook at the top of the gauge. I drilled a hole through it, then ran a screw through the hole and into the top of the wooden box so the gauge is firmly attached to the top of the box. Very simply done, and the large gauge is easy to read.

I don't know how accurate the gauge is (Harbor Freight unofficial motto: cheap Chinese stuff cheap) but it seems to be working quite well. When I'm using one of Steve's head space eliminators, thirty seconds gets to an indicated -24 or -25 psi.

All in one wine filter/pump

I bought my setup about a year ago and have run about 60 gallons through it. Once you get it figured out, which isn't too difficult, it's very simple to use. Easy to clean and a quick operation. Steve was very helpful with questions and responded in within five minutes.

Thanks, Steve

Just used it the past week. Bottled 3 batches of berry wine and transferred 3 grape wines. Bottling took a little bit to get the hang of it, but once you do, its really easy. Also I think this is gonna cure my degassing problem. Just bring the wine out of storage, put a heat belt on it for a day to warm it up to 75 degrees-then transfer. Its amazing!

Great product, now able to transfer to PET carboy as well!

I have had my wine pump for several years now. It has made transferring, bottle filling and racking a much easier process and helped to refine the quality of my wines over time as well. Now they have a way to even transfer to PET carboys which previously would collapse under the pressure of the vacuum. The product has held up to years of use and I am pleased to give it high reviews. Can't wait to get my PET bottling accessories...:h

Latest posts

Back