REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a time span on this stuff also. I'm not sure how long the term is but after awhile you can not use certain functions which usually includes editing though.

Just wanted to add my rave review of the All In One Pump and the great customer service given by Steve. I have had mine for a couple weeks and it makes racking, degassing, and bottling a breeze! There has been a wee bit of a learning curve for me as I am probably one of the most uncoordinated people on the planet, but I am getting the hang of things.

I had issues a couple times with a huge influx of air at the end of the siphon but I realized it was complete user error (of course!) I realized that as I was using the vacuum release valve I was inadvertantly covering the blow off hole with one of my other fingers, effectively negating the function of the valve. Leave it to me ;)

I am still working on getting everything working smoothly when using it in conjunction with the whole house filter though, and again I know it's my lack of experience and coordination. I have been reading through all the posts I can find here on the forum to find the best method of reducing air introduction and getting all the wine out of the filter. I know that some use the tube inside the filter and others use the "flip" method, which is what I am trying to get the hang of. I can say that I am thrilled with how beautifully clear my wines are after filtering and, being such a new winemaker, I would have never even tried filtering wines at this stage of my experience before getting the All In One.

Thanks to Steve and to this great forum for all of the information, feedback, reviews, and ideas! I would be completely lost without all of you!

I have used the allinone pump for about a year now. I have zero mechanical ability and zero experience with wine pumps, or pumps of any kind for that matter, but I was easily able to do what little assembly is needed and set it up to use with the assistance of the videos on the web site, it is that simple. Things are color coded so that the next time I used it and had forgotten things the paper instructions and color coding jogged my memory. By the third time I didn't need to refer back to anything at all to use it.

I have very little open space in my furnace/wine making room so lifting and moving car boys around is a challenge for me even if the weight of a full carboy glass carboy wasn't an issue. With a little advance planning the allinone pump really cuts down on the lifting. I think that anyone who does more than 10-20 gallons a year can easily justify the cost and small learning curve of getting this pump.

In my first year of using the pump I have had all of two questions come up and both times Steve, the owner/maker of the pump, was available almost immediately on the phone to fully answer my questions. If you are at all interested in getting something beyond a siphon tube this is the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Was out of glass carboys today and needed to rack an apple wine so I had to gravity rack into a plastic carboy, made me appreciate the allinone all over again.

All in One Pump review

After a disastrous try at degassing my wine with a wine whip on a drill I gave up and ordered the All-in-one pump. It is awesome, there is no way I would make wine without it. I also use it for beer. Worth the $$ and the tech support is great.:gb

I still have to figure out a way to use a whole house filter with my new AIO without pumping air INTO the wine, and, perhaps more importantly, figure out why the white wine I supposedly filtered had so much sediment in the bottles after all that work. The wine had been racked twice and had fallen clear, as far as I could see. The Half of the batch that was not filtered had no sediment, that which went through the WH has noticeable "dust" in the bottle.

It is true that setting up the pump to rack and degas could not be simpler--everything is well labeled, so it would be hard to do it wrong. It would be great to see more explicit walkthroughs of the WH filter with the AIO. I suspect I'm not the only one for whom the ability to filter with this system tipped the scales in favor of buying this system.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Marino,

Filtering is for polishing, not removing sediment. Try a fining agent next time before filtering, a fining agent should cause the unseen stuff to drop out.

Yes, thank you. I understand filtering is for polishing. I guess I wasn't clear: I split a 6 gallon batch, which had been fined and racked twice over 4 months into two 3-gal carboys. I ran one 3-gallon carboy through the filter and let one be. The wine I filtered went from clear to having deposits in the bottle. The wine which did not go through the filter is very clear and has no sediment at all. As far as I can tell, the filtering process has been the only difference. Strange.

I've found that sometimes even "clear" wine is not clear. I use a fining agent in mine, it makes even stuff you can't see fall out.

I still have to figure out a way to use a whole house filter with my new AIO without pumping air INTO the wine, and, perhaps more importantly, figure out why the white wine I supposedly filtered had so much sediment in the bottles after all that work. The wine had been racked twice and had fallen clear, as far as I could see. The Half of the batch that was not filtered had no sediment, that which went through the WH has noticeable "dust" in the bottle.

It is true that setting up the pump to rack and degas could not be simpler--everything is well labeled, so it would be hard to do it wrong. It would be great to see more explicit walkthroughs of the WH filter with the AIO. I suspect I'm not the only one for whom the ability to filter with this system tipped the scales in favor of buying this system.

Have you checked out this thread yet ?

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f71/tips-tricks-using-whole-house-filter-37737/

If you are still having problem - please email me with your phone # and I can call you and we can work it out over the phone

I just want to say something about the All In One the best thing I've bout for this new journey of wine making, I got it Tuesday and racked and degassed 3 gallons of Apple wine tonight in about 3 minuets. FAST

Steve is the best to deal with and quick to answers questions.

Thanks bub307-
for taking the time to do a review - It is always a pleasure talking to other winemakers !

I am drinking my apple wine made from last year - it is really good ! A little sweet,but I add an ice cube and all is good.

I have to say I have never come across someone that actually wanted to talk with the customer on the phone before he would sell his product to said customer. Truly rare and special. Thank you as well for a great product. I used the allinone this weekend and it was flawless.

I tried using the search function, but didn't see any applicable results, so here is my situation and question...
I'm saving up to buy the AIO and a whole house filter. Money is tight (9mo old daughter and my wife lost her job on 9/25), but I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the AIO, atleast. So, my wife decided to surprise me by getting a filter; however, she got me a plate filter setup from someone on CL. Once I get the AIO, can I use the plate filter or should I just try to resell it on CL and get the whole house setup?

Doesn't the plate filter have its own pump? If it does, you won't need the AIO for it.

If it does not have a pump, the AIO won't help. Plate filters need pressure to push the wine through. Negative pressure (vacuum) to pull the wine does not work too well. The benefit of the whole house filter is that you have a large area to pull the wine through, so the negative pressure works.

Last edited:
I tried using the search function, but didn't see any applicable results, so here is my situation and question...
I'm saving up to buy the AIO and a whole house filter. Money is tight (9mo old daughter and my wife lost her job on 9/25), but I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the AIO, atleast. So, my wife decided to surprise me by getting a filter; however, she got me a plate filter setup from someone on CL. Once I get the AIO, can I use the plate filter or should I just try to resell it on CL and get the whole house setup?

Do you know what type of plate filter you have ?

Some will work under vacuum - but not nearly as well as the whole house filter- you may have to reduce the vacuum a bit to reduce any air from entering the filter pads on their edges - unless I believe a ferrari works well with vacuum.

I found that most winemaking supplies go fast on craigslist

I already had a "unpowered" flat plate filter when I purchased my AIO last year, so I continued to use it. It will work with the negative pressure of the AIO. The two filter pads will absorb the first half bottle of your wine as you begin pumping which likely occurs with any filter more or less. Maybe someone who has used both can point out the pros and cons of the two types.
Vic

There is no pump with it. Checking online they make "vacuum tanks" like what you use for a garden sprayer and the plate filter looks almost identical...but the tank is only 3 gallons, lol. Seems to be a simple pressure pump. I'll give the plate a try once I get the AIO (ordering close to thanksgiving, if nothing unexpected pops up), and try it on a batch of water, first ;-) don't want to waste any wine if it blows up or something, lol.

Latest posts

Back