REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... And for a female who makes wine on her own, and has had neck and back surgery---the All In One makes my life so much easier...
Sara

Does it make things easier for males that have never had neck or back surgery? LOL - I crack me up sometimes ...

When my aspirator quits I'll be checking these out for sure. Hopefully that won't be very soon.

I just bottled 5 gallons of wine with the All in one wine pump. It really was easy, and I had a great time bottling with no mess, Thats a first for me, lol. Im glad that I bought one. As I was filling one bottle, I was corking another. All 26 bottles where filled and corked in no time!!!

Yep, I love being able to cork while Im filling. Nothing worse then wasted time watching a bottle fill. Between a set up like this, a encapsular, and a vinator wine maiking can really be quite less work and very enjoyable even with a bad back!

Mine came today, will post a review later tonight after I rack about 30 gallons.

Quick question regarding sanitizing the pump before using it. Whats the easiest way to go about it?

Since its a vacuum pump, all I did was run some sulphite throw it alone with a racking cane in a gallon of sulphite that I have on hand .Very easy.

Ok. Racked 15 gallons last night and I must say I am very please with this pump! What a time and mess saver!:br

Used it!

I used my all-in-one pump to filter and bottle for the first time this weekend. I first racked off three gallons to sweeten and/or bottle at a later date. I then filtered and bottle the last 3 gallons through a 0.35micron whole house filter. It was amazingly easy to rack the wine and very quite. The filter bottling went great as well took about 10 minutes to bottle about 18 bottles.
I do have a question for filtering people
1) The first 4 bottles I tried to do had a LOT of foaming after that there was merely a few bubbles on the surface. The filter was new but was wet with my cleaning solution. I was wondering if this is from the filter being not saturated enough? It worked out after those first few bottles but I fear I basically ruined 4-5 bottles by "foaming" it. The wine was degassed and then bulk aged under air lock for 10 months. It was cold stabilized and was still very cold when I began filtering (I am not sure if the temp change could do it)...any thoughts on the foaming/bubbling?

I would imagine that it was air trapped in the filter housing that caused your problems for the first several bottles. I would mark those 4 bottles and see if there is a difference in taste in time. I wouldnt think so - but keep us informed of the outcome.I threaded a piece of 1/2 plastic pipe to the inside of the filter housing, so it would pick up from the bottom of the housing - less co2 caused from pulling a vacuum thru the filter
I do have pics if intrested

thanks steve

Would like to see these pics Steve. Eyeguy, Steve is right, it was a lot of air trapped in the filter.

filter housing

Here is a pic of my modified filter housing - I tapped a 1/2 npt and screwed in a plastic water pipe so it pulls off the bottom of the housing. Less co2 pulled thru and less wine left in the housing as well after using it.

DSCN2173 [210x280].JPG

First Time

I used my new All In One today to rack five carboys of this seasons wine. Being able to do the job all at the same level was great. The degassing was a real added benefit! This well made devise is a great idea.
jeff

I'm a little late with the review but since I received the All In One I have racked 25 gallons of various wines. I am super impressed with the unit. It's so nice not to have to lift full carboys up and down if you don't want to and fool with trying to get a good siphon going. I can't wait to use it come bottling time!

Worth every penny IMO!

Painted my allinonepump

photobucket-21515-1326288792602.jpg
photobucket-1453-1326288765726.jpg
Also made a bottle holder. One being filled, and one on standby.

Last edited:
It does work great for bottling. It now takes me about a third the time to bottle. No more having to suck wine out of an over-filled bottle and shooting it into an under-filled bottle to balance everything out. Instead, each bottle has exactly the same level as the next.

Last batch I made I wasted less that a teaspoon of wine. I usually blow a bottle away.

I found that putting the vacuum breaker switch between the overflow bottle and the vacuum pump works well for me. I sort of hooked it up that way by accident and it worked well, so I have stuck with it.

As a side, I already had a vacuum pump, so I purchased only the bottling setup. I really appreciate getting to do that.

Now if Steve could just come up with a better way to get the labels off and to clean those used bottles... I know there are many ways, but all of them are a real chore!!!

Hey John!

I like the way you "tricked Out" your wine pump! Nice!

Maybe we could get Steve to do custom paint jobs for good customers.

Maybe some metalflake and some airbrush designs, ya.

Jim

It does work great for bottling. It now takes me about a third the time to bottle. No more having to suck wine out of an over-filled bottle and shooting it into an under-filled bottle to balance everything out. Instead, each bottle has exactly the same level as the next.

Last batch I made I wasted less that a teaspoon of wine. I usually blow a bottle away.

I found that putting the vacuum breaker switch between the overflow bottle and the vacuum pump works well for me. I sort of hooked it up that way by accident and it worked well, so I have stuck with it.

As a side, I already had a vacuum pump, so I purchased only the bottling setup. I really appreciate getting to do that.

Now if Steve could just come up with a better way to get the labels off and to clean those used bottles... I know there are many ways, but all of them are a real chore!!!

Robie,

what all came with the bottling set up? This may be something I'd be interested in.

Price for just this option?

Latest posts

Back