REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
filters

Wade, quick question - are these filters wound or pleated and what is the efficienty rating on them ? ( I looked on the website and I could not find that info) If I recall I believe that I use 98% effiecienty rating and pleated filters, but I pay approx 10 dollars a filter

thanks for the links :br
steve

They are neither wound or pleated. They are thermally bonded Poly and are pretty efficient compared to most but dont know the actual #. I spoke to the rep there and he said these would be best s they can handle chemicals like sulfite and higher acidic liquids like our wines compared to other paper or string types and have much much less fiber release then just about any other filter material.

I have a vacuum pump & a "whole house filter", Now I want to bottle with it, but can't find a source for a vacuum bottle filler, not even sure what it looks like. Watched All in One Video a few times, but don't see where they sell individual items. Can anyone direct me where to buy one, Thanks Roy

I have a vacuum pump & a "whole house filter", Now I want to bottle with it, but can't find a source for a vacuum bottle filler, not even sure what it looks like. Watched All in One Video a few times, but don't see where they sell individual items. Can anyone direct me where to buy one, Thanks Roy

You can look at the set up Wade has that a few others made or the buon vino gravity bottle filler will work also. Again Wade was the first to use that also.

Looks great Dave! Keep up the good work and having fun..

Actually Rich (AKA Grapeman) on here is the one who really started this with both the Boun Vino gravity filler and then the Valley Vintner vacuum filler which is way more money. Here is the link to the Boun Vino unit which works just fine but if you have a bad back its still a little uncomfortable to use but still way easier then nit having one!
http://finevinewines.com/XPListDet1.asp?MM_PartNumber=4887
Here is the link to the unit I use now and man is it way easier and very nice for people like me so you dont have to bend over our hover over the unit so it dosnt fall over.
http://valleyvintner.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VB-10-1005&Category_Code=

botle filler

I am selling the bottling filler separate( only with the vacuum release attached to it ) - you just have to email me as I do not have paypal setup to sell individually yet

thanks steve

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to do some $$$ searching, then make a decision. Roy

does anybody know of such a thing in the uk? or is it possible to get it sent from the states?

Yes, they are good for 1000's of gallons! You can store them in a PVC sleeve full of sulfite solution or freeze them and thaw them before use.

Yes, they are good for 1000's of gallons! You can store them in a PVC sleeve full of sulfite solution or freeze them and thaw them before use.

If you're not using the main body of the filter in between uses, can you just fill that with, say, star san solution, leaving the filter in, and store it until it's needed again?

You probably could, however, there is a small screw in the underside of the cap that may become corroded over time,

You don't have to rinse them out after use? If not - I am assuming that you reuse these filters with like wines - meaning don't mix red and white when reusing them.

I use separate filters for each color (i.e white and red). I tried to just rinse out the filter under the tap and lay it in a shallow bath of K-Meta and it started developing a mold. I now clean them by pumping through the filter housing and then keep them submerged in K-meta.

I can Ditto the review on the All in One Wine Vacuum Pump. I wish I could use it with my "Better Bottle" carboys but. I tried finessing the vacuum release button but I could never get enough vacuum, oh well :-(. I haven't tried Bottling with it yet as I'm a couple months away from anything being ready. but i DO love it.

Steve

Yep, I keep 2 filters. One for reds and 1 for whites. I prefer 5 micron for reds and 1 micron for whites and like Flem said if you have a pressure release button on your filter housing there is a screw in there that will corrode. I also dont advise leaving a sanitizer in that housing.

I use separate filters for each color (i.e white and red). I tried to just rinse out the filter under the tap and lay it in a shallow bath of K-Meta and it started developing a mold. I now clean them by pumping through the filter housing and then keep them submerged in K-meta.

Mike I'm not sure if you remember but I had a $45.00 filter cartidge also mold on me. What a costly mistake. I use the same filters for red and whites. If I'm bottling both, I just do the whites first then go right into the reds. When I am finished I first flush the filters with fresh clean water to get all the wine out. Next I run either PBW or Oxy-clean through them. Then I let them soak for 20-30 minutes in the solution. Then I flush them out again with fresh cold water then store them in a meta/citric solution. My filters are over a year old and still look new. I use 1 and .45 micron filters.

I tapped the inside of the filter housing to thread in a 1/2" plastic pipe so it will suck all the way to the bottom without having to tip the housing when done.

I also have purshased filters from McMaster Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/#45235k94/=eys0fr

I typically use 1or a 5 micron for reds and .35 for whites and I will usually use the same filter several times throught the same day and pitch it out after that. I personally think it is worth starting fresh unless you bought an absolute filter.

steve

DSCN2173 [210x280].JPG

Last edited:
My 1st vacuum bottling experience. OMG!! How easy is this. Had a pump & whole house filter, asked Steve ie "Vacuumpumpman" to sell me the bottle adapter/hoses/vacuum release separately so I could vac-bottle. Smartest thing I ever did, except marry my wife, who supports my wine making to the MAX. Steve was VERY helpful, with order, shipping etc. & he wasn't even set up to do small orders, just sell the "all in one pumps" Thanks again Steve, ROY FTC WINES

Latest posts

Back