Result Greater KC Cellarmasters Winie Classic

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salcoco

Veteran Wine Maker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The detailed result of the wine classic will be on our web site www.cellarmasters.org. the top winners and prizes awarded are on the attachment.

Some statistics

entries 203
original source wines 152
wine kits 51

medals awarded

gold --8

silver--72

bronze--82

total; 162 medals

Thanks you all in your participation and hope to see your multiple entries in the 20th Annual Wine Classic

Attachments

• 19th Annual Wine Classic Prizes.pdf
    197.4 KB · Views: 37
Well now I'm anxious now to see the rest of the results. Because this was a bet, of sorts, with my wife, and based on these results I think I'm going to lose.

I entered a bunch of wines this year. Two wines were new batches of varieties I entered in previous years and which didn't score well. So I was looking for a little redemption there. One of those wines I thought came out great but my wife insists it is seriously flawed. She says it has an off odor to which apparently I'm completely insensitive, because even after she describes it, I can't pick it up.

There are also two different wines which she insists are excellent but in which I intermittently detect a bit of an off odor. Naturally these were the two wines for which I won prizes.

So we'll see when the complete scores are posted. If that first wine in which she detects an off odor scores poorly (again), then I lose, and I'm giving up and turning all sensory evaluations over to her.

Whoohoo! Can't wait to see the full results because the one I thought was wicked awesome in my books didn't place so I'm anxious to see how it scored! Taste is subjective :)

each individual entry is judged using the 20 point UC Davis score sheet and awarded medals based on this score. for large classes a number of judges tables are established for the judging. with multiple tables the two highest scoring wines exceeding a score of 15, are placed in a runoff and scored again. the final classification, Best of Class, 2nd and 3rd placements, are based on these runoff scores.

each individual entry is judged using the 20 point UC Davis score sheet and awarded medals based on this score. for large classes a number of judges tables are established for the judging. with multiple tables the two highest scoring wines exceeding a score of 15, are placed in a runoff and scored again. the final classification, Best of Class, 2nd and 3rd placements, are based on these runoff scores.

Are there results for the label entries?

Ah, that makes sense. A runoff would probably be more accurate than going solely by the initial scores.

Label results, Best of Class and Bronze medal winner is Nancy Powell KC Cellarmasters, the silver medal went to Tom Augustin KC Cellarmasters

here are the detailed results to the wine classic

Recognizing quite a few WMT names in there. Even just the amount of wines some of you guys make is impressive all by its itself.
Glad to have taken part even if from afar. Looks like a great weekend down there in Kansas City with nice core group of winemakers. Kudos.

Latest posts

Back