Rennisance yeast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smok1

Reaction score
So for this years crush i wanted to try out the rennisance yeast for my reds, its a non h2s yeast. It was recommended by a member ( i believe it was 4score but i cant find the thread to be sure) unfortunatley i could not find any for my reds in the smaller packs but i did find rennisance vivace for whites, so i pressed 100 liters worth of frontenac gris, ive used quite a few of the lalvin yeast, but this rennisance yeast was amazing, even after a stressful start in a low ph must (2.8) which i had to correct for the yeast took off it was the most plesant smelling fermentation ive ever done, nice citrus notes throughout the entire fermentation, sg is now below .996 and it still smells phenominal. No off smells whatsoever diring the fermentation, i kept the tempature below 70f by fermenting in the wine room and keeping a fan blasting on the fermenter pails, id definitly recommend trying this yeast if you havent already, im definitly going to be finding a supplier to get the recommended rennisance yeast for my reds next year.

Try going directly to the manufacturer's web-site. They were giving out free samples (I do not know if they are still doing that).

Try going directly to the manufacturer's web-site. They were giving out free samples (I do not know if they are still doing that).

Ive already been emailing back and forth with there oenologist, there customer service has been very helpful and fast helping me deal with my very low PH 2.8 high TA 1.3% grapes, i emailed them again this morning thanking them for the help and advice. I dont have any reservations paying for there product, unfortanatley i cant find any of there yeast for reds in less than 500 gram packs in canada, im going to try and find a US supplier that will ship to canada, so far only person ive found willing to ship to canada is the vacuumpumpman which his vacuum pump has made my life so much easier so a shout out to him as well.

Over the summer I took a long shot emailing about those sample packs for that contest even though it was about a year old by then. They responded that the contest was unfortunately no longer going on. I did make it a point to suggest smaller packs for the little guys.
And then in august I found Lodi Labs repackaged the renniscance yeast in "carboy" (8g) and "barrel (50g I think). I also lucked out and LodiLabs was running a sale leading up to harvest with all 8g yeast packets for $1 so I loaded up.
Maybe LodiLabs ships to Canada, or if not maybe they could make an exception. $$$ money talks.

Back