Reliable source for supplies

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Philosopher

Amateur
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good on-line supplier of Campden tablets, sanitizers, etc.? I figure you folks should know who's reputable.
Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks, everyone. I'm probably going to order from FVW, since I found out their shipping is about average. I thought it was pretty high, until I checked out a couple other vendors. Besides, of those I checked, they are the only ones who have the #8.5 pre-drilled stoppers I need.

He carries about everything you can need and ome sights may have free shipping but thats just usually tacked on the price of what your buying and he ships out fast. His perfect agglomorate corks are the best around!

Hell yeah O.P., then the money will just start flowing in..!!
ROTFLMAO now

O.P., ifin you were to search for wine making supplies on the I net, as you will realize, lots of options are out there.

I am guessing you are somewhere in the contiuous US), so shipping may not be a huge concern.

When it comes to price offered on any of these suppliers, consider the shipping. There are a few suppliers out there that may make you a great deal just to have you as a customer.

I would like to think any recommendations in here are just that, but like you, I would rather deal with a recommendation, than a blind link. I trust all my fellow members in here and any sites that are offered should be considered.

A while back ago, there was member from India who was not able to find a supplier to ship to India. I spent an enourmous amount of time, even went so far as to call the Indian embassy here in the U.S. to be sure what the regs were. I was able, through my research to find him a supplier out of Australia.

I realize this wasn't your question, but, alot of these suppliers offer the same thing at the same or a slightly different price but the final cost may end up being a little higher after the shipping is included. But I would rather spend a lil more on a recommendation than I ever would going for price.

Troy
:d

O.P., ifin you were to search for wine making supplies on the I net, as you will realize, lots of options are out there.
Overwhelming...that's why I asked for recommendations.[/QUOTE]
I am guessing you are somewhere in the contiuous US), so shipping may not be a huge concern.
Anybody can ship to me, if I'll pay their price.
When it comes to price offered on any of these suppliers, consider the shipping. There are a few suppliers out there that may make you a great deal just to have you as a customer.
I went back to finevinewines because I found out their shipping was competative. Originally, I was put off by the fact that the shipping was more than the cost of the product I wanted.
I would like to think any recommendations in here are just that, but like you, I would rather deal with a recommendation, than a blind link. I trust all my fellow members in here and any sites that are offered should be considered.

I realize this wasn't your question, but, alot of these suppliers offer the same thing at the same or a slightly different price but the final cost may end up being a little higher after the shipping is included. But I would rather spend a lil more on a recommendation than I ever would going for price.
Exactly. Any on-line order I do involves checking the seller's customer ratings. This forum is the equivalent of doing that. :D

I order from FVW as well. Have since day one. Great points have been made about the competitive shipping. DO NOT get suckered by free shipping. Almost every time you will pay more for an item from a free shipping retailer. Even the places that have flat rate shipping cost more. Now at times you can find a bargain but on an overall basis, you pay more on the average. I will add though that you probably ought to find a reliable vendor somewhat close to you to take advantage of shipping times but George does a great job. Tom and Wade live on the East Coast and George is in Dallas so he still does a great job. There are a few other places I order beer supplies from that are great as well.

I'll go with FVW. My nearest possible vendor in a 6 hour round trip drive, in another state! ANY shipping charges are cheap, compared to gas! :h
I'm thinking of trying to brew beer this winter, so if I add all that into my order, it will be worthwhile.

Latest posts

Back