Regina juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittspur

Reaction score
Hi, I might be too late to put an order in for this, but looking at ordering some Regina juice (thru Premier for those yinzers). I'm thinking about doing a Sauvignon Blanc, as I want to do a crisp white, or possibly a Pinot Grigio. Does anyone have any experience with this juice to recommend one or the other? Thanks.

Hi, I might be too late to put an order in for this, but looking at ordering some Regina juice (thru Premier for those yinzers). I'm thinking about doing a Sauvignon Blanc, as I want to do a crisp white, or possibly a Pinot Grigio. Does anyone have any experience with this juice to recommend one or the other? Thanks.

Where are you from? You can add your location by editing your profile by using "User CP" above the banner.

Personally I like Pinot Grigio. I have used Regina a while ago but am partial to Pino. Guess its all to YOUR taste.

I'm not to sure about Premier's juice order. I may end up stopping there this week to see about juice. I got my chilean juice from Consumer's Produce in the Strip. Been trying to get a hold of them to see when juice is coming in since it's not posted on the web site like it usually is.

I'll post whatever I find out.

I did the Chilean Sav Blanc and Pinot Grigio. Early sampling of both, they are excellent.

I spoke with Consumer's Produce in the Strip. They will be updating their site around the 1st of the month when they finalize their pricing. At that time online ordering will be available. The gentleman I spoke with stated that they anticipate arrival of juice around the week of Sept 20th. Their site can be found at the link below.

http://www.consumersproduce.com/pages/about_wine.htm

Doug, thanks for the update. I'll be watching for the Consumer's Produce website update.

I buy my juice from Jay at Premier Produce in the strip. I did a Sauvignon Blanc and it was great. Plan on doing between 10 and 15 buckets this season from them.

You can place your order now or immediately after Labor Day. PM me if you need info to order. Their prices are on their website. Sauv. Blanc is $43.00 for 6 gallons. All ph balanced and sulfited.

They have had the best prices on carboys. Unless they've gone up a 5 gallon glass was $25.00

I did a Regina Sauvignon Blanc about 3 years ago. It came out very nice.

I'm not to sure about Premier's juice order. I may end up stopping there this week to see about juice. I got my chilean juice from Consumer's Produce in the Strip. Been trying to get a hold of them to see when juice is coming in since it's not posted on the web site like it usually is.

I'll post whatever I find out.

I did the Chilean Sav Blanc and Pinot Grigio. Early sampling of both, they are excellent.

Doug, I just happened to be poking around the Consumer's Produce website. They now have juice available on the order form.

We may be heading up into New York to buy some juice later Sept. if anyone is interested in meeting or getting some. I don't want a lot as I'll get most Regina here in a week or two. Just another wine to tinker with.

Walkers Fruit Basket is where I'll be heading.

I may be interested. Dan had mentioned about a road trip sometime.

While we're on the subject of juices, if california and Italian juices are the same price, which is the preferred juice. Looks like consumers is the same price for both. I was thinking of getting 2 whites and 3 reds this time around. That means I'll be picking up 2 more carboys as well.

Just curious on everyone's opinion. Maybe I should start a new topic?

Italian juices can have different ones than CA.
Like;
Amarone
Valpolicella
Frascati
Borolo
Dolcetto
Montepulciano
Verdiccio
Just to name a few that are different than the California ones.

Italian juices can have different ones than CA.
Like;
Amarone
Valpolicella
Frascati
Borolo
Dolcetto
Montepulciano
Verdiccio
Just to name a few that are different than the California ones.

Oh the choices. What to choose. Give me some suggestions. I have Sav Blanc, Pinot grigio, Cab Franc and Chianti gioing from Chilean juice.

My wife is not crazy about dry heavy reds, but doesn't want all whites...

For whites
Frascati
For reds
any of them... LOL

Placed my order at Consumers Produce today. I ordered the following:

Chablis
Johannisberg Reisling
Malvasia
Merlot
Pinot Noir
Ruby Cabernet

We'll see how this goes. I was told they were expecting delivery on or about the 20th of Sept. My son is due to arrive stateside from Afghanistan Sept 25 through Oct 5. Hoping they come in and allow time for me to work with before I have to leave for SC.

I may have to leave very detail instructions for my son so he can deal with for me if not.

How were the choices? Lets hear your opinions.

Doug, I've done a Merlot every year since I've started. I oak it and this season I'm going to oak it more. The Riesling is very nice and that's what I used to make the Peach Mango Riesling. The Pinot Noir is another big hit.

You made me sit down and try to finalize my order.
Most likely 2 pails of Merlot, 2 pails of Cab. Sauv. Cab Franc, Syrah, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, Gamay Beajolais, Reisling, Pinot Grigio, I think that was it. If I get my champagne in bottles I may add more but I need room for skeeter pee and jalapeno and others.

You made me sit down and try to finalize my order.
Most likely 2 pails of Merlot, 2 pails of Cab. Sauv. Cab Franc, Syrah, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, Gamay Beajolais, Reisling, Pinot Grigio, I think that was it. If I get my champagne in bottles I may add more but I need room for skeeter pee and jalapeno and others.

have you built a wine cellar yet???????

Yes. It's an old bedroom downstairs. This is what you can do when kids move out.

I have 2 4' by 2' racks, each 6' tall with storage available from both sides. I am able to slide a case of wine in which is cool since it will hold them tighter so as they never fall off.

I need to build a bigger counter/table for all my 5's for bulk aging. I can also store 4 five gal. and 2 three gal. in cabinets underneath. Plus there's the floor. This current bottling time will consume all the space. I dare not count bottles.

We may be heading up into New York to buy some juice later Sept. if anyone is interested in meeting or getting some. I don't want a lot as I'll get most Regina here in a week or two. Just another wine to tinker with.

Walkers Fruit Basket is where I'll be heading.

Steve, I called them last week and they won't be opening until late September. I will be heading down your way on Sept 30 to pick up my SIL at the airport late in the evening. I could come down early and make a day of it.

Just got an email from Consumers. Juice is expected in around Sept 14 and grapes a week later. This will work out just fine for me...

Latest posts

Back