Regarding Fermentation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerdaniels

Junior
Reaction score
Im sure this is asked all the time but I couldn't find anything regarding it.

What wine kit could buy that has the quickest fermantation time?

Like is there a kit you can buy that if you make your wine in the morning it will be ready to drink by night?

And if not whats the minimum length of time you can wait for most wine kits to be ready?

They take at least a month minimum and the wine wont be very good at that point as it should age for a few months at that point! If you are that impatient this is not the right hobby for you!

Understandable,

I am not really looking at this as a hobby, I am just looking for a cheap, SAFE, and quick way to make an alcholic beverage that I could drink with my friends. If there isn't a way to do it, then I definately won't try :)

Tyler,
You could always buy vodka!:) Wade is right and although I know it is one of the main rules, I too, have been impatient. Most fermentations(primary) will take 7-10 days, I had one come down to 1.10 in 4 1/2 days, I transfered it and 3 weeks later I drank it, I am ashamed to admit it but I did, it was pretty good at that point but is not how you do it. It's like eating green tomatoes, let them ripen first!!! Fermentation overnight? That would be cool:) Took me almost 30 yrs. just to ferment my blood.:D
Troy

Tyler
You could make it out of frozen juice concentrate, sugar, wine yeast and campden tablets(preservative), but even then it'll be at LEAST 3 weeks before you can drink it. As Wade said it won't taste very good but he is right. Patience, it is an ingredient you can't buy, and noone can teach you. Sorry bro, just the way it is.
Troy

Tyler:

There are some 7-day kits out there. Thats 7 days to bottling. I'm not sure how good they will be at that point.

Please update the Location field in the User CP. This is one of those questions that location will provide a better answer for.

UK: Beaverdale 1 -gallon (I think)
Canada: Wine Kitz stores, and some others
USA: check Amazon (or was it Wal-Mart or Costco or Sams Club) sorry I forget

Steve

The best way is instead of making quick wine, make LOTS of it within a relatively short period of time. Even with a cheap beer kit, you're still looking at 3 weeks minimum. If you don't have the room to store and make that much beverage, then if you're in Canada you should try the brew on premise retailers that are everywhere. If you're in the USA and you're looking for cheap alcohol, it's easier to buy high proof booze for pocket change than to make it. (Good wine in the USA however costs nearly the same as it does in Canada - go figure!)

If on the other hand you're asking this question because you're underage, I'd suggest waiting a few years and joining the calculus club at school instead for the meantime.

Tyler If you want to male cheap wine making a kit is cheaper, then buying it from a liquor outlet.

As far as SAFE goes if you follow directions, and dont alter the directions, it will be SAFE.

As far as quick goes there is only one magical ingredient when it comes to making wine, and that is TIME, so if you want to enjoy the taste of a wine,
then you are going to need patience.

And if you dont have the patience then I would suggest you buy it from a liquor outlet.

If on the other hand you're asking this question because you're underage, I'd suggest waiting a few years and joining the calculus club at school instead for the meantime.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with this one... Correct me if I'm wrong, Tyler, but if you've got the cash to lay out on a wine kit and you want to drink TONIGHT, why don't you just go to the liquor store?

Or go buy a cheap jug of booze, a doctors outfit, and find your own patience?

Understandable,

I am not really looking at this as a hobby, I am just looking for a cheap, SAFE, and quick way to make an alcholic beverage that I could drink with my friends. If there isn't a way to do it, then I definately won't try :)

Buying wine would be the cheapest safest en quickest way to get something to drink. Cheaper, safer and quicker as making a kit anyhow......

Unless of course you are to young to buy alcoholic beverages and want to get to alcohol by making it yourself.

Just wandering

Luc

Latest posts

Back