Refridgerator for storing/fermenting?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

barnderosa

Has anyone every considered using an extra refrigerator to control temperator for fermenting and/or storing wine?

In an effort to get some of the tartaric acid to drop out I store some bottles in the fridge.

I use my extra refrig to cold stabilize my wine after fermentation is complete. It helps to prevent tartaric crystals (although not harmful) from developing and it helps clear the wine.

Depending on how much you are cold stabilizing, make sure your shelf is fully supported. I remove my shelves, add a piece of plywood, and turn the setting all the way down. After 2 - 3 weeks the wine should be cleared and ready for a final racking before bottling.

http://www.liangdianup.com/tobacciana_z.htm

Water pipes

I am thinking about buying some wholesale water pipes from this company in China
but I am not sure if they are legal to bring in to the states? What are the laws on water pipes, bongs, and pipes?

BAO, didn't realize you could smoke wine, that sure brings up a new aspect on this whole wine making thing.
Troy

What are the laws on water pipes, bongs, and pipes?

rolleye0018.gif

I hadnt thought about that. What tempature do you store wine at? I am new, so that is why I am asking.

I'm wonderng what the law reads in regards to smoking in an old fridge. I have 2 stand up freezers I use for tool storage. I never did thinking about sitting inside of it with a nice glass of wine, and a wine making implement with smoke coming out of it. Kinda puts a spin on the wine making huh?
Troy

Back