Refilling small argon cans?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sremick

Reaction score
I'm wondering 1) is it possible, and then 2) if so, what adapters do I need?

I'm trying to refill something like this:
ART18-1.jpg

...from something like this:
New-Steel-80cuft-580-Maroon.jpg

I already have the big tank, but I'd like the convenience of the small one upstairs from where the large tank is stored.

I'd have to say 'No' on refilling that can. Maybe you could adapt one of those small CO2 bottles that they use for Soda Stream. I've seen adaptors to refill those on Amazon & eBay. At least you know what pressure those bottles can handle.

Small aerosol cans designed to be refilled are available on the market. I have one designed for just air (I fill it off a portable compressor), but I expect ones exist designed for other materials.

Small aerosol cans designed to be refilled are available on the market. I have one designed for just air (I fill it off a portable compressor), but I expect ones exist designed for other materials.

Can you link me to the one you're using? Every one I've found explicitly emphasises that it should not be used for compressed air and should only be used for spraying liquids.

Back