Red Thompson Still on the Vine...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The press was like any other press. I did not experience any more slip skin phenomenon after fermentation was completed. I did add the rice hulls as you guys suggested as it definitely helped a lot but my feeling was that even without the rice hulls it was no where near as slippery as it was when I first tried to press them directly after crushing and destemming. Thanks for all the advice. The rot was negligible by this point, everything smelled good, tasted good. I pulled 100L of wine in total from the 300lbs of grapes. I thought the pancake at the end was significantly smaller than I was expecting - was expecting to press twice - but it all fit into one small batch of press. @salcoco @stickman @Ajmassa @franc1969 @distancerunner @JohnT Thanks again very much appreciated this forum is great. I just got my first copy of WineMaker magazine and I scanned through it and I'm pretty much up to speed with the information in there just from reading this forum for the past year or two. Cheers!
IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg
IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back