Red Raspberry Oregon Fruit Products

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
I was out running around yesterday and stopped at a Big Lots store in a neighboring town and hit the jack pot. :D I bought an additional 10 cans of raspberries. I cleaned out our Big Lots weeks ago. I now have enough cans of red raspberries to make 5 gallons of wine. So what is my quandry? I was going to use some of them for a mixed berry and am torn between the two. I made a batch of raspberry earlier and in spite of my best efforts to ruin it it came out awesome! :? The starting SG (remember I was on a roll) was 1.102!! I labeled it Red Raspberry Rocket Fuel!! Wade bailed me out when I put enough acid blend in it to make a car battery and it still was awesome!! Has anyone else used the fruit products or just the purees? At $1.50 a can ,which yealds 10 oz of fruit I cant pass them up. Another question is if I do it right this time will it still be awesome or not?? I am pretty new at this ya know! :d
Thanks to everyone who has helped out along the way, Steve

Last edited:
$1.50 a CAN!!!!

Dang! For that price I'd have been mugging anyone I saw with a can...after I'd cleaned out the store.

I've only used the BLueberry and it turns out that the blueberry has a very bland flavor and so you need more to get a fuller bodied wine.

I need to do more bulk shopping more often and talking my 'dates' into going berry picking...Ah yes the best gift you can give a girl who makes wine is: a) Flowers (preferably something not sprayed or bought in a giftshop); b) hand-picked dandelion heads (4qts if you really like her); c) 12-15 pounds of fruit; or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Good luck with that wine.

oregan fruit

I bought some of the fruit at big lots also. how many cans would you use for a one gallon batch?

I used 4 cans per gallon ,that works out to be 2 1/2lbs fruit, and get a medium body wine that did not need a f-pac. I did add alittle simple syrup to lightly sweeten but it was great dry. It was very similar to a mellow Merlot!? With a fruity after taste.

$1.50 a CAN!!!!

Dang! For that price I'd have been mugging anyone I saw with a can...after I'd cleaned out the store.

I've only used the BLueberry and it turns out that the blueberry has a very bland flavor and so you need more to get a fuller bodied wine.

I need to do more bulk shopping more often and talking my 'dates' into going berry picking...Ah yes the best gift you can give a girl who makes wine is: a) Flowers (preferably something not sprayed or bought in a giftshop); b) hand-picked dandelion heads (4qts if you really like her); c) 12-15 pounds of fruit; or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Good luck with that wine.
I would say if he went with all of the above then he must be in love ha ha:h
Steve:r

Thanks Steve I love merlot so I will go ahead and give it a try.:b

It may supercede strawberry as my favorite fruit wine so far. Here it is just after first racking. This is the 6L batch I started last week end.
RedRaspberry6L.jpg

Latest posts

Back