Red organic wine apple seed

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redorganic

Junior
Reaction score
Hi I’m really into red organic wine and I bought a bottle of red organic merlot. I was disgruntled to find an apple seed in it when I finished the bottle. What effect would this have on the wine and importantly myself as the wine was bottled 2021 and apple seeds have cyanide in them. What chemical reaction could occur with one seed and the length of time in the red wine. I am a worrier and so it concerned me enough to come on here.
Many thanks

One seed is insignificant though I'm surprised it made it to the bottle.

Plants absorb all kinds of chemicals from the soil. Many fruit juices and nondairy milks have arsenic, cadmium, lead and more but usually in very small quantities.

Poisoning from apple seeds would require ingesting 400-500 seeds, chewed. Unchewed they would probably pass through.

One seed is insignificant though I'm surprised it made it to the bottle.

Plants absorb all kinds of chemicals from the soil. Many fruit juices and nondairy milks have arsenic, cadmium, lead and more but usually in very small quantities.

Poisoning from apple seeds would require ingesting 400-500 seeds, chewed. Unchewed they would probably pass through.
Thanks for your reply. I’m rather disgruntled to find it in my wine and so will not be buying the brand again. My issue is how it got in the bottle and the length of time in there.

Back