Red Blend Ideas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donz

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any exceptional red blend mixes this year? I will be picking up 30 cases of Lodi grapes next week. Thinking about a Cab/Merlot/Zin mix this year... Maybe 50% Cab, 30 percent Merlot 20 percent Zin... May throw in a few Sangiovese cases as well but undecided right now.

Just looking for ideas.

IMG_2270.JPG

If you want to try and "out of the box" recipe, try 75% Zinfandel and 25% Muscat. You can either ferment separately and blend or co-ferment (on the Muscat skins). We made this for years and it is a real favorite.

I am doing a 8 parts Petit Sarah, 8 parts merlot, and 11 parts Cabernet blend. I have done this over the last 2 years and really like the results.

Lodi fruit

Where are you guys located and how do I get my hands on some Lodi grapes?

I mix 2.5 gallon of elderberries and 75 lb. of grapes and 135lb. of sugar to make a 50 gallon barrel of wine and you can also add 34 qts. of either peach or apricot nectar to this.any of these make excellent wine.

up your ante sum
just a poor dumb ole southern boy
with this blending deal try blending with a little elderberry min age 4 to 5 yeers purfeet at tin yeer
in a hurry try wild meaning with the stickers type blackberry
never could get the hang of keeping my mouth shut
probably why I'm still single:h
Dawg

Anyone have any exceptional red blend mixes this year? I will be picking up 30 cases of Lodi grapes next week. Thinking about a Cab/Merlot/Zin mix this year... Maybe 50% Cab, 30 percent Merlot 20 percent Zin... May throw in a few Sangiovese cases as well but undecided right now.

Just looking for ideas.

I just did a 70% Merlot with a 30% Cab.Sauv. I fermented separately and just blended them a few days ago.I can't really say if it's a good blend or not yet but my fingers are crossed

Going to start with 45% Zin, 25% Cab Sauv, 20% Petite Sirah and 10% Syrah and see where that gets me. I'll tweak from there.

This is based on the 2010 'Prisoner'.

Latest posts

Back