recommended first batch varietal

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that you mentioned that, I'm ready to bottle Ken Ridges classic Trilogy so far taste pretty good,(if I keep trying this wine i may not bottle anything ) what do you suggest aging this wine Steve? and do you still have your store?

Papa b:

The Trilogy first came out as a limited edition and I shared a batch of that with a customer. We enjoyed it, and probably started drinking it about 8 months after starting the kit (but too long ago to be positive). The regular lineup kit is slightly different from that limited edition. One customer said it was probably better than the limited one. He would have been drinking both quite young.

What would I suggest for aging? The KRC Merlot only needs a month or so over the original 4 weeks. It does get better with age though. But other KRC kits need more time (like the Vieux Chateau du Roi). Probably at least 6 months, but I haven't studied it (ie taste at 1 month, 2 months, etc).

The store closed Sept 2007.

Steve

Back