Recommended Books for new vineyard care

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckD

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are your book recommendations For establishing and caring for new vineyards? I know the horse is already out of the barn on this (56 vines already in the ground) but I would still like some good references. I’ve been looking here and elsewhere online but I still like the dead tree form!

Chuck, I think the best thing you can do is learn about mildew and fungi. Here’s a really good resource:
Midwest Fruit Pest Management Guide , you can print out the the section dealing with grapes.

Chuck, I think the best thing you can do is learn about mildew and fungi. Here’s a really good resource:
Midwest Fruit Pest Management Guide , you can print out the the section dealing with grapes.
Thanks. @Vern gave me a fairly new print copy so I’ve been studying that. I’m even interested in some books that border on “light reading” for this winter.

Wine Grape Production for Eastern North America by Tony Wolf is supposed to be good for any place where frost or freeze is a threat. Not real light reading, though.

What are your book recommendations For establishing and caring for new vineyards? I know the horse is already out of the barn on this (56 vines already in the ground) but I would still like some good references. I’ve been looking here and elsewhere online but I still like the dead tree form!
I would respond but in Georgia we use UGA recommendations.

Back