Recommendations?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs.erinss

Reaction score
Being a newbie to the whole wine making thing, I am partial to using kits. I am looking to make either a Gewurztraminer or Riesling for my next batch. Anyone have any good kit recommendations? Any good results with a certain brand or anything?

Thanks!

In my house, we are BIG FANS of the Ken Ridge Showcase German Gewurztraminer. We would like to make a Ken Ridge Founders Series German Riesling, but haven't gotten to it yet. There is also a Cheeky Monkey German Gewurztraminer in primary at the moment. (Haven't done this one before, but the kit was 35% off.) Unfortunately, these are Vineco brands and are not readily available in the US.

I expect to bottle a Selection Limited Edition NZ Gewurztraminer in the next week or two. I also have a Selection Limited Edition Alsatian Riesling kit waiting to be started. If you can find somebody with stock of either of these, I suspect you would be very happy with the result.

Steve

I made a Wine Expert Selection Series Gewurztraminer that was very good. You should have no problem finding those in your area.

Thanks! The little brew shop in my area had the Selection Limited Edition NZ Gewurztraminer and I was thinking about getting that before it was gone. I was also thinking about the Selection German Mosel Valley Gewurtz. Hmmm....

We would like to make a Ken Ridge Founders Series German Riesling, but haven't gotten to it yet.

I just purchased this one today. The store I deal with has rave reviews on it. The woman who normally gives me advice has made it several times.

She said the wine is best when adding only half the sweetener pack, but I suppose that is best determined by your individual taste.

CGI:

I made a couple of these when I had the Ferment on Premises. The folks I made them for were very happy with the wine, and they just added half of the Suss Reserve pack.

But like you said.."individual taste". We would probably go with half (or a quarter) of the pack.

Steve

CGI:

I made a couple of these when I had the Ferment on Premises. The folks I made them for were very happy with the wine, and they just added half of the Suss Reserve pack.

But like you said.."individual taste". We would probably go with half (or a quarter) of the pack.

Steve

I will probably go 1/3 of the pack... split the difference! LOL

Latest posts

Back