Other Recommendation for good white wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie_G

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am running low on white wine and need to make a batch soon. I have tried a Master Vintner Chardonnay 6 gallon kit and it turned out fine. However, is there anything better out there? Always looking for better! Would prefer to stay with a 6 gallon size. Also not really interested in a low price kit but willing to pay up for quality. Could stay with Chardonnay or go to another variety such as Pinot Grigio. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi everyone. I am running low on white wine and need to make a batch soon. I have tried a Master Vintner Chardonnay 6 gallon kit and it turned out fine. However, is there anything better out there? Always looking for better! Would prefer to stay with a 6 gallon size. Also not really interested in a low price kit but willing to pay up for quality. Could stay with Chardonnay or go to another variety such as Pinot Grigio. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If you know you like that varietal, try making it with a kit. It's a good reason to buy some bottles of different types to see if you like it! 😁

My wife and I really like the WineExpert Reserve Luna Bianca kit when we made it several years ago, it's a Chardonnay heavy kit with other varietals also.

More recently we made RJ Spagnols Cru Select Bella Bianco and really liked it. I think it is a Chardonnay with Pinot Grigio Blend. That's about the extent of recent white wines I have made.

My wife and I really like the WineExpert Reserve Luna Bianca kit when we made it several years ago, it's a Chardonnay heavy kit with other varietals also.

More recently we made RJ Spagnols Cru Select Bella Bianco and really liked it. I think it is a Chardonnay with Pinot Grigio Blend. That's about the extent of recent white wines I have made.
Thanks. I will look into those.
Ed

WE Private Reserve Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. High end kit that I made straight up per instructions and my wife says is the best white wine I’ve made. Her taste is light and bright whites. Not a fan of Chardonnay.
Yeah, that is a really good one. Having said that, WE has stopped producing that one.

Thanks everyone I have an RJS En Primeur Trio White kit on the way. Looking forward to it.
OK so I have a question on this wine. It is currently in the secondary in the latter stages of clarifying. The wine was fermented to full dryness. RJS gives you a sweetening pack (simple sugar) with the kit. Anyone have any experience with this? Does adding the full pack make the wine really sweet? We don't like very sweet wines so I would be happy with subtle sweetness only.

I guess I have to run taste tests like with the blueberry and apple wines I made. Get samples and add various levels of simple sugar and see which level is best. Thanks for any advice you can give!

Latest posts

Back