Really old Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Reaction score
Well I've been out of practice for a while. As a result I have 2 Wine expert kits from 2013 or 14 I think. Any thoughts? Think they're any good?
Dave

Certainly the yeast and probably the clearing agents should be replaced, along with the Kmeta and K-sorbate, bentonite is probably okay, but if you have some already replace that as well.

I would open them, mix them up properly, then give them a taste. If you get oxidized flavors/colors they aren't any good, if not, what do you have to lose??? If they are white wines, I would be more worried than reds, but odds are that after 5 or 6 years they won't be the best thing you ever made.

should have said this sorry
It is a wine expert Eclipse kit
Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauv
Should I use the grape skins?

Wa down that way last week. Stayed in Fort Walton Beach. Working at Eglin AFB. Beautiful Country

Made both a Pinot Noir and an Old Vine Zin from concentrate that "expired" two years prior last fall. Nothing wrong with them. Probably a little less berry flavor and aroma than if I had been able to make them on schedule. Does life get in the way of your wine making too?

My wife gets in my way of making wine on time...........she hates that I want to stay in wine house all the time....................lol

Latest posts

Back