Raspberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wine Snob

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all. Starting out making a raspberry wine from The joy of home wine making. Fermentation has been coming along well... forgot to take an initial SG reading :eek: I have to say that this is one very pretty wine. I have a dark towel over it to protect this color :)

Sounds nice. Hope it don't come out too high in alcohol. I did a raspberry a while back that was a bit on the hot side. Overpowered the raspberry flavors.

Just racked...

Well I just racked it. The rasberries looked like a light brown mush when I emptied the bag. Is this what the pectic enzyme does?

I made a red raspberry/blackberry/blueberry blend wine in August of this year. When I pressed the fruit using a small press and a nylon bag my pulp was a deep red color, probably from the blackberries. I can see though that just using red raspberries would probably result in a pink to brownish color. How does the color of the wine look?

I made a red raspberry/blackberry/blueberry blend wine in August of this year. When I pressed the fruit using a small press and a nylon bag my pulp was a deep red color, probably from the blackberries. I can see though that just using red raspberries would probably result in a pink to brownish color. How does the color of the wine look?

Wine looks beutiful. Lush red color. Keeping dark towels over it. There is some sediment that I got from the primary (I could see that it was not going to be a full gal so in taking as much as I could out some sediment came along with it.....). Going to rack again and top off with cheap wine as I read in some other threads here. The primary is definatly not air tight as the air lock is going every second or so in the gal container.

Hey,
I made a batch of Raspberry wine from store bought frozen raspberries and after fermenting to dry I back sweetened it to 5 balling....which is a bit high but the wife likes it that way. After aging about six months...WOW it tastes awesome....nice raspberry color...outstanding raspberry flavor...a little sweet for me but she loves it......gonna experiment with a bigger batch next time....used frozen friut to keep out the nasties of fresh fruit....works fine

Latest posts

Back