Raspberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I found a pretty good supply of raspberries growing right in the parking lot of work this year and Ive been picking a quart bag everyday for about a week and a half but today I found the mother load of raspberries down then road and picked 2 gallon bags to the point where I could not close the bags and stopped as my back couldnt take anymore so after cleaning up at work again tomorrow Ill go back there and hit it hard again and the next day until the place is clean and that may take weeks. The last few years Ive been getting an OK amount from my parents garden but this year is a goner from the rain I guess but this new hot spot is to die for. This is going to be a stellar batch this year and probably 2 batches, Ill most likely sparkle the second batch.

rass

well when you get it finished I'd like a taste,,,you know how i, m with berries:)

I know what a back problem is like Wade, ice helps for me. ....Yet you kept on picking lol. Must be addicted!!

Picked another 9 lbs today in the rain. Wasnt going to go but the rain slowed down for awhile and once I get started I get greedy and wont stop until the bag is full and I cant straighten back out! Almost got sprayed by a skunk this time too as I was trudging through the bramble and fell in a hole and i knew that couldnt be good so i jumped out fast which shredded my legs by as I did I caught a wiff of the infamous smell but it didnt get me and dint come out of the whole, That was close!!!!!!!!!

Grabbed another 10 lbs today after work and picked up 15 lbs of sugar but only needed 9 as I guess these are pretty sweet. I whipped up a 6 gallon batch with a starting sg of 1.085 and I am wiped out. Really didnt want to start anything tonight but it was getting crowded in the freezer and the wife was getting pissed!

hehehe Wade..

husbands are as bad.. I have stuff fermenting all over the place, 18 gallons in the laundry today.. (well he never goes in there does he?)

Allie

I do a lot of laundry in my household.With 2 kids and 2 cats and a big dog its a struggle to keep the house clean and more then one person can deal with.

Four teenagers, two dogs, four steers and the farm.. Hubby is Mr Fixit..

The laundry is my domain..

( so I can hide as much wine in it as I want!)

Allie

Man a stash of raspberries and a ton at that. I am jealous!;) But you now have a story to tell the grandkids. lol:h

Going back tomorrow to retrieve a liitle more to have enough to start my 2nd batch and then some for my f-pacs and Im done till next year. I think next year will be a Raspberry Port and then maybe a blend with a grape wine like a Merlot!

i havent been so ambitous
im at around 5 pounds of raspberries(lol the bush isnt that big)
and almost that of blueberries(damn things are being a pain wont turn that dark blue)

anyway good luck wade

Well I got 4.5#'s of raspberries today which I froze. Maybe I will use some of them for a Raspberry Wheat Beer?

Smurfe,
How many should I add for a 5 gallon batch?

My raspberry is bubbling away this morning and soon Ill go a pickin, just waiting till the sun dries out some of that grass as it really poured here last night and the raspberries are way back in a field with tall grass where Im going this time as my other spot needs to recoop from my last picking.

Got a few raspberries myself, my buddy has a zillion of them in his lot and so far I only have a gallon or so. Been buzy as snot for the last couple weeks. I hope to come up with enough to make some wine with but even if I don't I will sure have enough to make a nice liqeur out of, and the blueberies were jamming right along and now they have disappeared. I have a few though. The cranberries are just about to start screaming an there is no question I can come up with a LOT of them. I don't particularly like cranberry wine but the Lord gave em, and I shall ferment them.

I love cranberry wine so send them down here in a refridgerated box! :)

Latest posts

Back