Rasberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lv2mkwn

Junior
Reaction score
Hi All. Love your site. very informative. Does anybody have a recipe for a one gallon batch of rasberry wine. I would like to try making this wine from frozen rasberries if possible. I await your knowledgeable advice from all. Thanks:)

Have a look here.

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/redrasp.asp

Using frozen fruit is actually not a bad idea. Most frozen fruits are actually riper than buying fresh fruit which has been harvested with the intention of taking a bit to get to market. I know many that go to Sam's Club or other grocers and buy frozen fruits to make wine.

I made this wine [RED RASPBERRY WINE (1)], started it about 2 months ago, but I made a 5 gallon batch so I multiplied the numbers. Its now dry, but has a very weak flavor, will back sweetening add/bring out the raspberry flavor? or should I go with a f-pak?

If you feel its that weak then an f-pac is needed, I usually go 6 lbs per gallon. Jack Kellar's site is a great place to find recipes for those that dont exist but i always find them weak in flavor and high in alc. they need more fruit per gallon and less sugar per gallon.

Back