WineXpert Raisins or Currants Needed?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsbeckton

Reaction score
Doing my second Eclipse Lodi Cab kit about 7-8 months after the first. I bottled the first at about 90 days and have had a few bottles which are young and fruity and seem perhaps a bit thin. Was not sure if this is just due to it still being young or of even these premium kits could benifit from some additions?

Note that given I still have 28 bottles of the first (along with 150 other bottles) batch left this will easily sit for a few years so time is on my side. Not looking to speed anything up, just get great result after 2 years.

Any recommendations on additions or should I stick with the kit contents (minus the sorbate of course).

I would do my tweaking on a lower cost wine kit. if successful than add to higher priced. it might be smarter to stay away from this specific kit.

Doing my second Eclipse Lodi Cab kit about 7-8 months after the first. I bottled the first at about 90 days and have had a few bottles which are young and fruity and seem perhaps a bit thin. Was not sure if this is just due to it still being young or of even these premium kits could benifit from some additions?

Note that given I still have 28 bottles of the first (along with 150 other bottles) batch left this will easily sit for a few years so time is on my side. Not looking to speed anything up, just get great result after 2 years.

Any recommendations on additions or should I stick with the kit contents (minus the sorbate of course).

The most skipped-over pages of the wine making process,,, the true aging period. While "first impressions" are good indicators,, Most find it amazing just how much transformation can take place in their wines (even without enhancements) if only given the chance. This becomes "experience !",, and your guide for future endeavor. Also not forgetting that it is about satisfying YOUR taste...;) Experiment with the batch you plan on letting sit. Split it up and try several treatments. Keep good notes. And yes, you need Sorbate if you plan to add some raisins or currants or any other sugar bearing ingredient.

Latest posts

Back