raisins for wine conc.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

granda

Reaction score
hi guys in a bit new to this wine making, ive only made 1 kit before,and i was wondering can you substitute raisins for grape conc. some recipes ive seen say yes(i can only get conc. online and its a hassle) and how much do you need
any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

What sort of wine are you making?.. I don't have easy access to grape concentrate either.

If you can give me some idea of what you want to do.. I have a lot of fruit wine recipes to share, with no concentrate, that do use raisins.

Allie

thanks for the offer any recipes would be a great help,anything at all im just starting and want to try a bit of everything
thanks

ok.. it's summer there .. what fruit are you able to get your hands on that is cheap?.. I'm thinking apples?

Let me know what's available locally .. there's no point in me giving you recipes for really expensive imported fruit.

( unless you found the pot of gold?)

Allie

pretty much anything i work in a restaraunt and im able to get stuff wholesale

Ok as cost isn't an issue.

Have you tried fruit wines?... what appeals to you..? what would you like to make first?

Allie

The grape concentrate is used to add body that some fruits will lack in. Raisons, tannin, and bananas will also do this but the amount used will vary depending on what you are fermenting as each ine will have more or less body depending on the fruit so you will have to adjust accordingly. We can help with the amount but will need to know what you are making.

i think i would like to try a plum wine maybe also a pear wine and latter on a blackberry wine

i would like to make a plum wine ,blackberry wine, apple wine ,elderberry wine
and maybe a mixed frozen berry wine and strawberry wine any help is greatly appreciated

thanks for the help all the help allie will get going on some fruit wine this week but it will probably be a cherry wine as i got given a load of them , ill keep you all informed how i do. btw is there any equation i could use if i need raisens or sultanas for the amount i would need or is it trail and error.

Basically grab a 1 gallon recipe and increase it by however many gallons you have enough fruit for, no need to increase the yeast though. That's the best way to get the raisins ratio for it really.

anyway post your recipe on here when you have it organised and if it needs tweaking.. we'll give you a hand with it.

cheers

Allie

Latest posts

Back