racking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven99

Junior
Reaction score
i am making concord grape juice from storebought, i added some fress fruits ,apples, oranges its about 3-4 gal.when sould i transf to seconderi my seconderi is 6 gal is it oke to use that or i need to get a smaller one this is my second wine the first one was a kit this is kind of experement,need some edvise,thanks

Steve, you sould get a 3 and a 1 gallon carboy. You do not want alot of air in the head space. Too much chance of getting bacteria in there.

Transfer after you've reached a s.g. of @1.000 and fermentation has stopped.

I always try to make a gallon more than what I want in the end. This way after I lose my lees and stuff I'll end up with enough to rack to clear and age and hopefully a little to sample along the way.

Chemically what will happen to process if somebody does not change the container (fermenting vessel)?
Use the same vessel for 2nd fermentation that was used in 1st fermentation.
I mean that not strain the wine (must).
Is this process possible or not?

Why are you hijacking threads? You posted the exact same comment on another thread that someone else started.

Start a new thread with your question and be clear in your text. I'm not sure what you are asking, if English is not your primary language please say so - it helps us to help you.

Back