Quit lifting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have put in:

Harborfreight.com will get to the site and then use their search for lift table. 500 lb capacity works fine and it's lighter. There is hardly any assembly. Put on the handle, 2 bolts. Foot pump lever, 1 bolt. It is fairly heavy. I'd suggest gluing the rubber mat on
Thank you so much. I checked it out, and I even have a Harbor Freight that has the Torah one in stock. However, my workbench is 36 inches high. I have to decide whether or not it's worth me screwing around with adding an 8 inch platform to the top of the table.

Everything that I do seems to be slightly more complex and less straightforward, unfortunately.

I understand the Lift table and all -

Can someone please tell me the benefits compared to the Allinonewinepump or similar set-up - that you do not have to raise the carboy height to rack or bottle from.

Vman, I do have one of your pumps and use it as a lot.

BUT.... I do like to splash rack once or sometimes twice. For that I need the lift. Mainly for the bigger carboys.

WIth all due respect for a fine product, why use a pump when gravity works. All my fermonsters are ported, and I would much prefer to use the spigot and let things flow downhill, splash or not. And one less piece of equipment to clean, no power, smaller carbon foot print etc.

I use an auto syphon to start flow and keep the hose high in the receiving carboy. Wine either is run down the inside of the carboy or just falls and splashes.

I am all about not lifting full carboys of any size !

How high is the platform from the floor height to the lowest part of the lift table ?

Do you still have to lift the full carboy onto the lift table ?

Does it disturb the sediment in the process ?

I ask because when I rack my carboys - I will typical do all of them at one sitting ( typically 6 plus carboys at 1 time )

Last edited:
In my case...

I put an empty carboy on the lift table. The top of the carboy is about even with the bench the full one is sitting on. I do NOT move the full one at all. No disturbing at all. Start the syphon and rack.

Move the empty one, usually to the sink to clean. Raise the table even with the bench and slide the full one into the space just emptied.

If I am using the vacuum pump the only difference is the 2 carboys are sitting together. When one is emptied, it goes to the sink to be cleaned and the full one is slid into it's spot.

Thank you for the clarification -
I typically always leave all my full carboys on the ground - so I can use my countertop.

I just assumed that you were lifting the full carboys from ground level and disturbing the Lees

Back