question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dg1653

Junior
Reaction score
My muscadine wine started at 1.10 sg and is now down to 1.0 sg. I am getting very little action in the airlock but i am still getting some. Should i go ahead and add the sorbate and sulfite and end the fermentation or just keep waiting it out. Also when i rack the wine i will lose some of wine, should i add water to replace the wine are just not worry about not having exactly six gallons. thanks

I would wait till fermentation is complete. If you are a new winemaker you will probably loose some while racking. You can either top off a bit with water or use something to fill the space like sanitized marbles. You could also rack to other size carboys if available. I routinely rack from 6 to 5 gallon carboys and then put the remaining in wine bottles with air locks and use that to top off with

Thanks yall, i will just try and be patient. I am so ready to start drinking this wine. Also smurfe, are sanitized marbles just regular marbles that have been sanitized, or is there actually sanitized marbles that i can buy.

sanitised marbles are just clean marbles.. give them a good wash in soapy water.. rinse and then immerse in meta sanitiser .. drop them one at a time into your carboy til desired volume displacement achieved.

Allie

Latest posts

Back