Question on my grape vine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maine grapes

Junior
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have a few grape vines around the house that I'm trying to grow. I have one red seedless vine that is starting its third year. Halfway through the previous summer I noticed that the leaves got pretty chewed up and also this weird leaf roll up thing occurred. When I uncurled the leaves, they seem infected with something that looked like insect eggs or droppings.

I wanted to find out what I'm facing here before the new growing season begins. The vine has already started to bud again, and currently grows in a 10 gallon fabric pot. I looked up grapeleaf curl disease and I'm fearful this is what I have. Whenever I need advice on a topic, I often look to see if there is a forum dedicated to that topic. I find most people in forums have a lot of experience and are willing to give newbies advice. Thanks so much for any help you can offer me. I will attach some photos from mid-August last year. I am in Maine, zone 5a.

Thanks again!
MaineGrapes

Attachments

• IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    968.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    517.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    580.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    405.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0929.JPG
    IMG_0929.JPG
    599.2 KB · Views: 10
I’d guess a leafroller or leaffolder. I had them my first couple years but spray with BT now and haven’t had any issues since.

Latest posts

Back