Question about grape vine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that normally looking? It looks like little stems next to the baby grapes like they have been eaten off. Maybe that's normal and what it's suppose to look like?

I don't see anything that looks like it is eaten off. It looks like a normal grape flower forming grapes.

Here is a picture of a perfect grape flower (contains both male and female flower parts. What I believe is shown in the original picture is the flower anthum or male flower part where the pollen parts have fallen off because the flower has pollinated.

GrapeFlowerPerfect2.jpg

flower_parts.gif

See the anthers marked in the same original picture blown up. I believe the original poster was seeing the stem part of the anthers(filament).

Anthers_edited-1.jpg

I agree, looks normal to me. Could be a couple of shot berries, but that is normal too. Like most things in this, patience.

See the anthers marked in the same original picture blown up. I believe the original poster was seeing the stem part of the anthers(filament).

Yes I suppose that's what i'm seeing. Since i'm new to me it looks like grapes were eaten off and the stem was left. Since it's normal.... cheers! Thanks for the answers!

When I started a few years ago, I also mistakenly thought the blower buds were tiny grapes.

Latest posts

Back